IC-7300 Split Question

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KG4USK, Oct 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG4USK

KG4USK Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently upgraded from an IC-706mkIIg to an IC-7300, but there's one thing I actually miss about the '706... the quick split QSX function. I had this set so that when I hold the split button, it automatically sets VFO B to +1khz (or whatever value you wanted it to be).
    I figured the '7300 would also have this feature, but I can't seem to find it. There's a "quick split" option when holding the split button on the '7300, but it just seems to set VFO A=B. The VFO A/B button does the same thing if held. Am I missing something here?

Thanks es 73,
    Luther
    KG4USK

2. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

Not too sure on this one????? I guess you could always program your split into the MPAD memory but that only takes you to the previous split freg.
    A long press of split just zeros out both vfo to the same presently active freq,
    I just went thru my menu display and found a menu item that is labeled quick split but not sure how it works but I do have it turned on. I also have a selection labeled split lock that is also active. I think that these functions are for FM split offsets as I have them selected for 6 meter offset and 10 meter offsets. Probably need to open up the full owners manual pdf located on the cdrom or download via icom.

3. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Read the manual it couldn't be simpler, like everything on that radio.

4. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

gotta say it;so many times on so many forums it seems that many people focus on making others feel dumb instead of just helping them with what they know.
    then some tie this to their identy;

"according to your faith be it unto you"

rubbing in their face, shame...

KG4USK and KS4W like this.
  5. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

You may not like it, but the FIRST thing to do is "RTFM." Then if something is not clear or not found, ask here or even elsewhere. If one can afford an IC-7300, they should at least be able to RTFM. YMMV.

6. KG4USK

Thanks. I should have been more clear. Yes, I read the manual. It simply states...

"The Quick Split function enables you to automatically equalize the frequency and mode of VFOs to the displayed VFO, and activate the Split function."

The '706 has the option to program an offset when "Quick Split" is used. I liked that simple feature and am kind of disappointed the '7300 does not have it.
    I just figured I would ask here to see if I might have overlooked something.

7. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

That seems very confusing, even if you HAVE "RTFM.:(" Setting the VFO+A to VFO+B equal doesn't sound like "split." Maybe they mean VFO+B can be set to a different (i.e. split) frequency in "split" mode, so you can receive on one (VFO+A) frequency, and transmit (VFO+B) on another. Or vice versa?:rolleyes:

8. KG4USK

Hence my confusion... if the only function of "Quick Split" is equalizing VFO A=B, what's the point? Considering holding the VFO "A/B" button does the same thing.

9. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

has it been answered yet?? Press & hold (long press) the split button - it will set VFO B to VFO A and enable split.

10. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page