ad: Alphaant-1

IC-7300 Clock Battery Failure

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by NZ4J, Jun 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

My 'reading' is: radio OFF, power supply ON.

2. KM6XP

KM6XP Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks

3. DH5HS

DH5HS Ham Member QRZ Page

4. PY1WZ

PY1WZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the same problem with my IC-7100. I changed the battery and less than a year the problem came back. I will replace a MAXELL ML1220 and see how it will behave. What is not reasonable is that we have to keep replacing this battery. PY1WZ - Valerio - Brazil.

5. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

A "socketed" battery (i.e., user replaceable) would have many techs out of work....

7. G4HBI

G4HBI Ham Member QRZ Page

It's pathetic, my IC 7300 is in use for at least 14 hours every day ( 7 days a week) sometimes longer but has to be reset every morning.

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

There may be a overcharging problem also.

Looks like there is no protection for over or under charging.

I would be tempted to replace the battery with a internally protected type.

9. G4HBI

G4HBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday my 7300 was switched on from 11oo UTC until 2330 UTC. I switched on this morning at 0800 UTC the clock read 2000/01/01 00:00 ( local time), The UTC was set at 2099/12/31, I assume these to be the defaults. Booted up DXCommander and the clock was reset to the correct UTC time. Just needed to reset the local time to +1.

Thank you Dave AA6YQ author of DXLab Suite, it may have been unintended but you solved yet another problem for me.