ad: ProAudio-1

IC-7300 and Mac Ham Radio Software

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KF5JRA, May 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

The latest version of RUMlogNG brings a IC-7300 control window: http://dl2rum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=870
    Currently you are able to see/control the most important parameter. It supports quick memories. With just a mouse click you can save a set of current used frequency, mode, filter, split, rit and xit information. A double click brings the setting back to the trx. Further more, you can edit in a spreadsheet like table:
    • Memories 1-99
    • Band Stacking Register
    • Scope Scan Edge Frequencies
    CAT control makes the band stacking register nearly useless. Now you are able to save your favorite set to disk for later reuse.

Ideas for Improvements are welcome.

Like other newer Icoms, RUMlogNG supports the internal CW keyer (very useful in the contest module, including ESM and type ahead) and editing of the trx internal CW memories.

73 de Tom, DL2RUM de Tom, DL2RUM

2W0GOP and K3DCW like this.
  2. M1CTK

M1CTK Ham Member QRZ Page

3. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

4. M1CTK

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  5. VE3VRW

VE3VRW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

IC-7300 Manual, Page 12-9

USB SEND [​IMG](Default: OFF)

You can control transmit and receive from the PC through the USB port.
    Selects the control port to be used for communication between the IC-7300 and PC, according to the operating condition.

• OFF: Turns OFF the function.
    • DTR: Uses the DTR terminal on the CI-V (PC) side. • RTS: Uses the RTS terminal on the CI-V (PC) side. LYou cannot select the terminal which is already

selected in the “USB Keying (CW)” or “USB Keying (RTTY)” item.

USB Keying (CW) (Default: OFF)

You can control transmit, receive and keying from the PC, through the USB port.
    Selects the control port to be used for communication between the IC-7300 and PC, according to the operating condition.

• DTR: Uses the DTR terminal on the CI-V (PC) side. • RTS: Uses the RTS terminal on the CI-V (PC) side. LYou cannot select the terminal which is already

selected in the “USB SEND” or “USB Keying (RTTY)” item.

USB Keying (RTTY) (Default: OFF)

You can control transmit, receive and RTTY (FSK) from the PC, through the USB port.
    Selects the control port to be used for communication between the IC-7300 and PC according to the operating condition.

• DTR: Uses the DTR terminal on the CI-V side. • RTS: Uses the RTS terminal on the CI-V side. LYou cannot select the terminal which is already

selected in the “USB SEND” or “USB Keying (CW)” item.

6. M1CTK

Thankd for the quote but it still doesnt answer what I ask, some rig control progs use RTS others DTR so I wanted to know which MacLOgger uses

7. VE3VRW

VE3VRW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

8. AI6XN

AI6XN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi! How were you able to use 7300 with FLDIGI? I tried it for many days. I did all that they said like setting up the IC-7300 for CI-V and USB and then using CAT commands or RTS from fldigi via rigcat using the appropriate XML but while I can see the waterfall on fldigi i can never change freq. Not sure if you can help me with this weirdly, but would be a shame not to ask .. .happy 2017!

9. AI6XN

AI6XN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I really wish there was a HRD like software on Mac that actually worked with 7300. I can't seem to get to to completely work and despite the maze of fl<app> applications, it lacks the cohesiveness of a polished software that just works with the USB (not saying its all the software developers fault) ICOM shares a major blame for this. I can somehow get better response from an ubuntu vm and a microsoft windows vm running on the same mac talking to the IC-7300. Oh well, just venting ... :) 73 and happy 2017

10. M0CVM

M0CVM Ham Member QRZ Page

Please can someone advise the correct CI-V address for the 7300, I'm struggling to get WSJT-X to connect to my radio.

Many thanks

Chris M0CVM