IC-7300 and Mac Ham Radio Software

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KF5JRA, May 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF5JRA

KF5JRA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is more of an FYI post of what I have found so far:
    • RumlogNG has minimal support (Please share your interest with Tom to let him know you would like to see more support)
    • SkookumLogger has a private beta in testing for the IC-7300
    • FLDigi has updated FLRig and there is an updated hamlib for the IC-7300
    • MacLoggerDX shows it supports the IC-7300 (have not tested)
    Would love to see what others are using (share your setup) with this new radio and have it working.

--
    73 de KF5JRA
    Ron

2. W2MDW

W2MDW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm using Aether for logging, using the IC-7200 radio model as they're effectively the same.

FLDigi for a majority of data modes and WSJT-X for JT65 and JT9. All work like a charm as they're just using a USB audio interface...

Some chatter on the Yahoo group about using something like HDSDR to view the 12khz IF out for something like CW skimming, but I havent played with it yet. Might be useful for a second bandscope on the CW bands, but 12khz is a small slice to work with.

3. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So far I am using my 7300 with FLdigi with no issues. Have not been able to get WSJT-X to do rig control yet (through the USB port), but it receives ok. Really enjoying this nice little rig.

4. KF5JRA

KF5JRA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Download JT-Bridge. :)

5. W3ATV

Will that help my rig control problem? I thought that was a DXCC log checking program. I have yet to start to do logging on my Mac. I still use the QRZ log. Someday I will switch, just have not had time to figure it all out. These 60 hour work weeks keep interfering with my fun stuff!

6. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

JT-Bridge will serve as a bridge between your logbook and WSJT-X. You select your logbook in JT-Bridge (either MLDX, RUMlogNG or Aether), setup rig control in your logbook, and then set WSJT-X to use the "DX Commander" rig. JT-Bridge takes the DX Commander command structure and converts it to whatever your rig is using; thus when you change freqs or trigger a transmit in WSJT-X, it keys the rig using your logbook's rig control setup.

It is a bit confusing to setup at first, but if you follow the directions on the JT-Bridge website, you'll be good to go. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here as well.

7. W3ATV

Somehow I got it to work. I selected IC7410 as the rig. I then changed the CiV address in the 7300 menu menu to 80h, which is the CiV address for the 7410. I turned off auto baud and set it at a fixed 19.2Kb. In WSJT-X I set it to 19.2Kb, 8, 1 N and it works. I am a happy camper. Life is good! This is awesome, no external modem, no CT17, just 1 USB cable. Goodbye serial communications and welcome to the 1990's!

Off to make some contacts......

Jim

AH2AP and K3DCW like this.
  8. PA3BWK

PA3BWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,

I am contemplating buying a IC7300 (would be my first Icom after 30 years with Yaesu).
    I use RumlogNG and a 13" MBP (that means I have only audio in OR out).

I would like to see what my options are to run RTTY (preferably FSK) with RumlogNG as my logger.
    Rumlog has proven to be a good logger on my last 'DX-Pedition' to PJ4 , Dutch Antilles / Bonaire Island.

I am 99% CW but like to serve the RTTY community with some operating coming September.

Normally I use a Microham MKII, unfortunately they don't support Mac.
    Running Parallels/VMware is no option, tried that but it will fry my MBP due to the heavy workload.

I contacted Tom from Rumlog, he stated RTTY is not supported.
    Suggestions anybody????

73, Wilko PA3BWK

9. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

Wilko,

maybe you misunderstood my answer. As far as I know Icom didn't made any provision to support RTTY via CAT. Just a decoded text stream via USB is available.
    BTW, RUMlog supports very well the DKII and MKII from microHAM. Currently I'm working on a tool for Firmware update. You have never to touch Windows.

73 de Tom, DL2RUM

K3DCW likes this.
  10. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

RUMlogNG supports the MKII and can pass CAT/PTT data to/from Fldigi using the Fldigi XML-RPC interface, so you could at least do AFSK RTTY. The combo also supports AppleScript click and log to Fldigi & RUMlogNG.