I sure wish SV2ASP/A had an online log.

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by AB8MA, Oct 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

I worked Monk Apollo today at 18:09 on 20 meters CW. At least I hope I did. I know there have been pirates in the past. I had never even heard him before. Card request is already at the post office.

Wish me luck?

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I was monitoring for a while while working in the shack this afternoon and it certainly sounded legit. Wasn't paying attention to calls he was working but lots of US stations.

3. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck! I worked him at 1635. I hope he isn't a pirate. As the oldtimers used to say, "work him now, worry about it later". Didn't even realize I needed /A until after :) atno

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

On the bright side he is a dependable direct QSL'er.

AB8MA likes this.
  5. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

For me, the expectation of a paper ATNO card was "double the pleasure, double the fun". It was exciting when we made the contact, then exciting again when the card arrived. For the double bonus I was happy to wait.

Ditto what's been said about Apollo's QSL reliability. Heard him once on CW years ago, worked him, and have never heard Mt Athos since, but I received his very nice card.

6. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was unable to bust the EU wall - only heard a few US stations worked when he was in good here. On the bright side yesterday was the first time I even heard him.

7. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

He was on air for several days around end of June and he did some NA runs then. Let's hope for the same now. The EU wall is a problem, even for 100W EU stations ;-)

8. KI4WCQ

KI4WCQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Cluster shows he was on for a length of time...longer than usual, so I would be suspect about a pirate.

9. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

I will anxiously await the next month or so. If anybody here gets a card from yesterday's activity, please let us know.

10. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

I was extremely fortunate to be able to work him despite his signal not being anything spectacular. I'll have to get a card off on Monday.

W3MMM likes this.