ad: Morse-1

I report; You decide

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by N4BBQ, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-sarc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
  1. N4BBQ

N4BBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

He'll be broke and living out of his car...the one without any fuel in it.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Probably broke and homeless, but I'd give it more than 6 months. Maybe a year.

Or maybe he'll get some help and my prediction will be wrong. I hope so.

$77K would last me more than six months unless I decided to live at the Four Seasons; then, it would last about two months but it would be fun.

4. AD5MB

AD5MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have met homeless people, and down on their luck people. The down on their luck people got back on their feet when life stopped kicking them in the head.

the homeless people were stone unemployable. some aspect of their personality, combined with an absence of worthwhile skills, rendered employment impossible.

the homeless guy would keep that cash in his uninsured car, get robbed by a person who befriended him for that reason, and get into an accident while drunk.

5. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Just think what I could do at yard sales!!!

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

6. K9ASE

K9ASE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully a charity org. will see that article and give him the help he needs. (Job,car,shelter, and help with substance abuse if needed.) This help shouldn't be free. But, maybe it would help him stay off the street in the future.

7. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I would laugh my head off if he turned that seventy-seven killobucks into eight million.

8. N4BBQ

N4BBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well if that happens, then my I predict he will last way past six months...let's say ten months. :)

9. WB2WIK

Unless he bought 77,000 lottery tickets and won, I really doubt that's happening.

10. WB2WIK

Probably. Then, the cops would find he didn't have a driver's license nor insurance and he'd be in jail, starting over again.

Edit: I recall what one of my college profs used to say, which was amusing but had a ring of truth to it:

"If we took away all the money from rich people in America and gave it all to the poor, within three years, those previously rich would have it all back again.":p

11. N4KJF

N4KJF Ham Member QRZ Page

Six months to a year unfortunately.

He probably has a whole bunch of friends now. They'll try and suck him dry. I really hope not but I feel the odds are against him.

Anyway, 77 grand is not a lot of money if you look at the big picture. Not bad to have , but not a big deal.

"I made enough money to buy Miami,
    But I pissed it away so fast,
    Never meant to last, never meant to last."

And let's not forget those 3 initials I.R.S.

12. WN6U

WN6U Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Sue, didn't you say in another thread that you were looking for single man? :)

13. W4HAY

W4HAY Subscriber QRZ Page

14. N5XM

N5XM Ham Member QRZ Page

It's just not only us, but the entire world is stretched really thin economically. The entire EU is struggling. Germany is about to take over as leader in Europe, Greece is really screwed, and now Italy is having problems. This is the kind of thing that leads to World Wars, and we haven't even mentioned the potential of Israel invading Syria, or the Iranian situation vis a vis Isreal. We shouldn't have these kinds of problems in America. If we hadn't have spent mega-gazillion dollars in Kuwait, Afganistan, Saudi Arabia, Israel, we'd have plenty for our social needs and still have a great Military. Several countries have dropped the dollar, the banks are effed up, as is our tax system. I could go on but it would be more of the same. Remember the Bob Dylan song, "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall"...hey, and I'm a positive thinker, but it looks like the writing's on the wall.

15. WA4OTD

WA4OTD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

16. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Lets see.......
    No ham license.....
    No ham gear..............
    Hasn't seen a change of underwear in six months........
    Hasn't had a bath in maybe a year.....................

I'll Pass.

17. W0DV

W0DV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

$77,000 isn't a lot of money. The odds are against him. He will probably spend the money on a car, booze, and will be broke in a few months.
    I hope he turns his life around, he has a chance.

18. W9OE

W9OE Ham Member QRZ Page

Damm, you are picky!!!

19. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

With what he has left after taxes and after buying a car, he could buy two or three Flex 6000s. Money well spent, I say.

20. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member QRZ Page

If you want a real insight into how chaotic homeless people think and live read "Stuart- a life lived backwards." One of the interesting things in it is it can take as little as 8 weeks for a person to go from respectable family man, to homeless on the street begging...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.