I like 12 meters

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by K5RIX, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-gcopper
  1. K5RIX

K5RIX Subscriber QRZ Page

12M is turning out to be a really fun band, even when the numbers say it's closed up tighter than a government agency cancellation. When conditions are marginal for the long-haul types, it's often an excellent stateside ragchew band suitable for low power. How in this world does Ten-Tec release an Argonaut that does not cover 12M? I guess y'all had to be there. 12M gets me into the contiguous extremities from South Texas with a couple watts. Low noise, and no contesting. Perfect.
  2. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Been a ham over 25 yrs and cannot ever remember making a contact on the band. I'm active on hf. Just recently started using 17:confused:
  3. XV2PS

XV2PS Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, 12 and 17 are peaceful. I like them.
  4. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5. XV2PS

XV2PS Ham Member QRZ Page

What is also good is that morons that send continuous cw signal to QRM do not seem to know those bands exist.
  6. WA4OTD

WA4OTD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I find 12M often open and working toward my 12M DXCC 100 countries now. Surprising to me, it is different from 10M or 15M. I like each of the WARC bands.
  7. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The WARC bands rule. I love 'em.
  8. AF9J

AF9J Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, the WARC Bands are a blast! I'm building a 30m QRP transceiver at the present time. I have a soft spot for 12, since it's the first WARC band I ever operated on (back in 1987).

Ellen - AF9J
  9. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! I didn't know the Argonaut lacks 12 meters. Scratch that one off the list. Darn...

12 is really a great band, particularly when 10 is not cooperating. 12 has been wide open much more than 10.
  10. K9ASE

K9ASE Ham Member QRZ Page

I've noticed a few of the recent Dxpedtions have been making good use of 12M also.
  11. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They all do, and have for years.:eek:
  12. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

You like 12 metres and think its good. Unfortunately you're 25 years too late !
    If you had been around when it was first available it would have blown your mind. If you can imagine 12 metres being about five times better than it is now, that's how it was !

Mel G0GQK
  13. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The WARC bands are great some of the best DX bands going now in fact right after 20m DXCC 17m was the next DXCC band 5 yrs ago still need 37 for 12m but working on them. I think I have every major DXpedition in the last 2 yrs or so confirmned on 12m.

Digital on 30m is one of the best bands going now very close to 40m and open most of the time day and night somewhere.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.