ad: vanity

I just want to confirm the QSO. I dont care about the time!!!

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by M0XMX, Feb 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

You have every right to your opinion, and to be difficult. That being said, when my logbook opens, the current time is populated in the time box IN THE PROPER FORMAT. And if you manage to screw that up, the NOW button right beside the time box will bring it right back. Again IN THE PROPER FORMAT. You can lead a horse to water ...

N6QIC likes this.
  2. K0OKS

K0OKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not trying to be difficult. Just expressing my thought on that one feature.

N6QIC likes this.
  3. M0XMX

M0XMX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

At last someone who sees it from anything other than a "contesting tools" Welcome to the real world, nice to have you join me!

KI7LLD likes this.
  4. KI7LLD

KI7LLD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm totally new but thought the Logbook was just so I could keep track of who I talked to. Did not think it was a life or death thing in the ham world. Like you I talk a lot on the road and it is all I can to write down a call sign and then check QRZ call sign lookup later. I m in no way keeping track of time and all that. Little disappointing to hear that no will be able to confirm my logs due to the time.

5. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi William (Bill?)

If you are just keeping a record of who you talked to, you make all the rules. Log as much or as little information as you want. But if you want confirmations, the game changes. What you want are contact acknowledgements. That could be done. Two hams agree that they spoke to each other, they can mutually mark it as a "Contact Acknowledgement", without the need for any supporting data. Those would not count toward any awards, but you would then have what you are looking for. Perhaps use a Triangle symbol instead of a Star. Has anyone ever thought of doing this with any Logbook? Probably not. Probably close to zero demand for it, but get enough QRZ paid subscribers to request it as an option, and see what they say.

KI7LLD likes this.
  6. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I find this all rather humorous. If you can't confirm the contact using the data you recorded, then what's the point of a confirmation? If you allow blind confirmations (without time, report, band, etc.), then why not just automatic confirmations? You could confirm QSO's on days you didn't even turn on the radio. If you have no record, how can you legitimately confirm?

There's a POINT to having the data that leads to a confirmation! If you're driving and can't record - that's fine - no confirmation! Even if you could get around the time, how would you remember your report (or the other stations) while driving down the road? If it's that important to confirm your QSO's, then record your conversations with timestamps. That's the criteria here - you need to have the data that supports the confirmation.

Is it possible to cheat the system? Sure, but it takes two to do so. Making it easy for one side of the QSO to game the system lowers the value and integrity of the system as a whole.

Steve
    KV6O

N6QIC likes this.
  7. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page