I just want to confirm the QSO. I dont care about the time!!!

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by M0XMX, Feb 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. M0XMX

M0XMX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi All.

I am sure I cannot be the first QRZ member to have received a QSO confirmation request that when trying to confirm it finds we cannot remember the time it took place.

I dont seem to be able to confirm it without this info so I now have requests coming in and sitting there that I want to confirm but cant.

I cannot believe this is correct so please someone tell me what I am doing wrong and how to confirm these QSO's.

Thanks

Mike View attachment 351582

Attached Files:

2. G0JUR

G0JUR Ham Member QRZ Page

you may not care about the time but the system needs the time to be reasonably accurate to confirm the contact
    If this was not the case then you could enter any info you wanted and claim awards etc which are based on fantasy not fact.

N6QIC likes this.
  3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A logbook is a place to log your QSOs upfront. Obviously you do not log upfront in as much as you cannot later recall the time, etc. Perhaps the logbook is not for you.

A confirmation will only take place when each party to a QSO enters that data independently and provided both records agree by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window.

The default info in a QSO Confirmation is not that of your worked party's and the correct match must be entered to finalize the confirmation.

N6QIC likes this.
  4. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't use the QRDead logbook, but it does amuse me how often people blame the system for their own mistakes and/or errors.

WG7X and N6QIC like this.
  5. M0XMX

Please can I simply reiterate. These are QSO requests sent TO ME. QSO's that were logged by others into QRZ probably whilst I was "off line", maybe /M. Therefor all I wanted was a way of accepting THEIR REQUEST without an actual recollection of the time it happened.

I have clearly rattled a few cages here and I am sorry for that. I didnt realise that this was such a big issue.

Sorry.

73 and have a good weekend.

6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Merely accepting another's claimed data is insufficient to achieve confirmation; you must independently enter a record in your logbook that matches by callsigns, band, mode and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. This is QRZ's rule that will not change.

Currently, 37,000 QSOs are successfully confirmed each day.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  7. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello John,

I just noticed that he entered the time wrong in this one.

time_entered_wrong.png time_entered_correct.png

Thanks,
    Lisa

8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'm sorry but you just don't grasp what "confirming a QSO" is all about. Since the dawn of ham radio logging, certain pieces of information are REQUIRED to call the contact confirmed: Other stations callsign, band or frequency, date, and time. If any of these are lacking, the contact is not confirmed. Period.

If you don't record the data at the time of the contact, you cannot "confirm" it later.

I hope that makes sense of it for you

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and M0IGM like this.
  9. M0IGM

M0IGM Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ.com is the first ,"electronic", log book that I have used and I find it quite simple. When I begin a QSO I punch the call in and the details of frequency, mode and report and log it as a QSO. After the QSO I tick the box on the right of the screen and go to the bottom of the page and open the box to ask for confirmation. It takes 10 seconds and that is all there is to it. Best wishes and 73's, Richard

10. M0XMX

Yes Thanks Richard. I appreciate how simple YOU find it. Put yourself in my position, driving up the motorway, having a chat with someone. Then two days later I get a "Confirm my QSO" request from that person. I do not have the luxury ( or the driving licence to loose) to be filling in QSO info whilst driving up the motorway. I also never asked the other station to log the QSO into QRZ, but he did. So now I feel bad because I cant accept the QSO because I probably cant even remember it let alone the time =/- 30 minutes. So Richard, with YOUR obvious clear understanding of QRZ and now an equally clear understanding of my predicament (without needing to read any of the up comments) how you, as an obvious expert in QRZ suggest I deal with this? 73 de 2e0ezg

KK5JY likes this.