I have been scammed

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K7OAC, Mar 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K7OAC

K7OAC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. ON8CB

ON8CB Ham Member QRZ Page

The link goes nowhere

3. K7OAC

It was delet. Can some of the admin contact me please. I respond from a add here a icom 706mk2. I believe that where the person gat my email. And is using n7nsd@outlook.com

4. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a warning posted on the real hams QRZ page stating there is someone using his call sign to scam people.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  5. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you paid with PayPal you are covered for your loss. If you paid with PayPal "friends/Family" you are not covered. Some more details would be nice if you can provide them.

6. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, but it looks like you did this to yourself. You posted a response to W9CGR's ad for a 706 Mk2G instead of following the contact instructions in the ad. The scammer, posing as N7NSD, picked up on that and therefore assumed you would be an easy mark. The scammer then sent you an unsolicited email offering the same radio at a lower price. He probably got your email address from the post you made in 2016 which included it.
    Please provide the info requested by KA2CDT so we can all be aware.

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The wrong email address should have been a clue. That one will bounce for sure.

Good Luck.

8. K7OAC

Wow !! you should be a detective. Thank you.

9. K7OAC

I got my money back from PayPal :). I learned from my mistakes :D:D:D:D. Thank you for your concern AJ4GQ. Blessings!!

KB3VWG and K3RLD like this.