I created an easy way to support Amateur Radio Parity Act...What do you think?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Jul 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB2KSP

WB2KSP Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.leagle.com/decision/19871690681FSupp1009_11551/BODONY v. INCORPORATED VILLAGE OF SANDS POINT

The link above is a summary of actions taken between a ham op and a local government after PRB-1 was enacted. It's very interesting in that it lays out the arguments from both sides and the resolution. What is most interesting to me is what is written in footnote 2. I won't give anything away but in its own way it gives us an idea of what the government sees as reasonable. By the way, six meters is open on the east coast.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    KC8VWM likes this.
  2. WB2KSP

N5PZJ and KU0O like this.
  3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Happy birthday!

But assuming it makes it past committee (I think it will) it still has to go through a House ballot which isn't yet scheduled.

I can see this taking months more, but at least the wheels are turning.

4. WB2KSP

Yes, My friend was less excited than I was but considering all of the rumors and stagnation so far this is good news. I wonder if hearing audio will be available on C-Span. I am interested to hear how this is discussed and who says what about the bill.

5. WB2WIK

What a cool question, and I sure don't know.

I think this one will get through okay, since the committee chairman is a ham and also a bill co-sponsor.

What's really important is the floor vote, and at least getting that on the schedule.

My own Congressman stated he received 'several' letters from constituents encouraging him to support the bill, and only one encouraging him not to. So, I suspect I know which way he'd vote. But I think there are about 434 others I don't know about...

W5WN likes this.
  6. N1FM

N1FM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WB2KSP likes this.
  7. WB2WIK

8. WB2KSP

9. K5TCJ

K5TCJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Other than opening comments, I didn't see/hear and discussion on HR1301. Did I miss something?

10. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page