ad: w5yi

I created an easy way to support Amateur Radio Parity Act...What do you think?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Jul 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KU0O

KU0O Ham Member QRZ Page

Since I'm in a radio dead-zone I spent my weekend creating a new website to support the Amateur Radio Parity Act. You can view it here: http://www.killingradio.com

Also another ham made a youtube video about it:

What do you guys think?

Kurt, KU0O

W4TGV, KW4EK and AB8RO like this.
  2. AB8RO

AB8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice job Kurt! It's clean, modern, and to the point. Have you submitted to the major news aggregators, e.g. slashdot, reddit, etc?

KU0O likes this.
  3. KU0O

KU0O Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks!

I submitted to Reddit, but not slashdot. I should go do that.

4. KU0O

KU0O Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KV3D

KV3D Ham Member QRZ Page

If "private land use contracts" are killing radio, then maybe those interested in radio shouldn't enter the contracts. Now there's a solution!

Don't use the iron fist of government to force your hobby onto others who explicitly don't want to see it simply because you regret a promise you made.

MM0HVU, WA7PRC, GM1FLQ and 4 others like this.
  6. AB8RO

AB8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

I linked you in a blog post, my blog doesn't get very many visitors, but, if nothing else, it should help push you up (a little bit) in the google rankings.

KU0O likes this.
  7. N8OHU

N8OHU Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not about "regretting a promise", it's about having the choice to operate from your home whenever you want, instead of being limited to a common area (public park or community center owned by the HOA) or mobile operation. It's about showing the Community Association Institute that we hams don't want unlimited tower height, but reasonable limits; the CAI has actually claimed that the Amateur Radio Parity Act will enable hams to build towers that are any height we want without them being able to enforce any kind of limits whatsoever.

8. KV3D

KV3D Ham Member QRZ Page

It doesn't matter that you want "reasonable limits". That doesn't change the fact that this is about weaseling out of something that you voluntarily chose to obey. And last I checked, a ban on visible antennas does NOT block hams from operating. MANY of them get by with stealth antennas, attic antennas, indoor dipoles and loops, etc. Why can't you just put up a short vertical or small yagi INSIDE your shack and use it to work the local repeater?

WA7PRC, GM1FLQ, K1OIK and 1 other person like this.
  9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Good work.

The site is very clean, but perhaps it needs a brief introduction for the non ham. If I were a non ham visiting the site, I might not understand it.

Just sayin.

10. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am perplexed how HOA bans on antennas somehow permit hidden antennas as your post describes, to somehow be installed anywhere on the HOA property.

There are no such provisions in HOA contracts and that's the problem.

The purpose of this bill is to provide reasonable accomodation of antennas, exactly such as you have described.

Without any such reasonable accommodation, the antennas (even hidden ones) are in violation of HOA contracts.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015