ad: ProAudio-1

I Am Not Making This Up

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I'm providing information I obtained first-hand. That's evidence. Whether it is conclusive is an individual judgment. That's why there are twelve people on a jury, and they all have to conclude that the evidence is conclusive. :)

WZ7U likes this.
  2. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Just as some people love military life. Or even prison life. I have heard more than one story about people released from jail, particularly in wintertime, who commit a petty crime like throwing a brick through a store window or robbing $10 from a bank, just so they will get arrested and incarcerated again.

KC3BZJ, N5PZJ, N2EY and 1 other person like this.
  3. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a rather poor implicationt about people you don't know simply because they choose to live someplace you dislike. Does saying that make you feel superior?

Hopefully, one of my neighbors doesn't own the business you work for or repair the arterial damage resulting from your heart attack or auto accident.

Evidence here including comments such as yours indicates what some here find troubling about HOAs seems to stem from their difficulty comprehending the concept of mutual respect.

4. W2AI

W2AI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is true, Don. Homeless individuals, released from jail in adverse weather conditions, have a tendency to commit a petty crime so that they may be incarcerated again in the county jail where they are afforded 3 meals a day, shelter, recreational facilities and medical care.

N5PZJ likes this.
  5. W2AI

That all depends upon what standard of proof that particular jury is using. For civil trials and criminal indictments the standard is 'preponderence of the evidence'. To convict a person of a crime the weight of evidence is 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 6:15 PM
    N2EY likes this.
  6. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure. But in both cases, they are presented with evidence, not proof. The concept of proof is a judgment call to each individual juror. The attorneys in the case can only present evidence.

W2AI likes this.
  7. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Even greater reason NOT to support the proposed ARPA legislation in its present form. The ARRL and others who helped formulate the latest version caved in to the HOA industry, with revisions to the original bill that would now get the FCC involved in the enforcement of HOA restrictions, for example making "stealth" antennas a violation of Part 97 rules.

8. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A big assumption you are making is that the FCC caves in to HOAs. Yeah...it could happen...but if that's the case you might as well bend over , grab your socks, and get ready for the Hubble Telescope proctoscope because essentially the FCC would be abandoning ham radio. It's possible. But like it or not...just like in the days of finger pointing over RFI...the FCC is the only one with clout.

9. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Previous did not appear to go...and then doubled when I resent. Sorry.

10. W2AI

And it is the role of the jury to evaluate the evidence at hand and also to interpret the law as it is applied in that specific case. In some cases, attorneys opt to allow the presiding judge to determine guilt or innocence in criminal cases OR in instances of civil cases to ascertain liability.

N2EY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.