Hurricane watch DORIAN and WebSDR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NA5B, Aug 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G7DAZ

G7DAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KJ7GXL

KJ7GXL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I dont drink beer its for sissies. I will gladly have a bottle of fine BOURBON waiting........only the best of course!!!!!
    KJ7GXL

N1RBD and G7DAZ like this.
  3. N9EEE

N9EEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Mehmet -
    Unfortunately, I have been unable to hear the net from your SDR. Fortunately, there are many Web SDR receivers around the country to choose from, some with the ability to get good reception of the HWN net control station under different propagation. Thank you for running your Web SDR for those of us who like to extend our receive range by using others' Web SDR as a means to hear radio reports from a variety of locations.

73...N9EEE

NA5B likes this.
  4. NA5B

NA5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately you must have tried the sdr system when the conditions were not very good as you mentioned. However the propagation becomes acceptable or good during day hours on both 20 and 40 meter net freqs. 40m can be heard until 23:00 ET.
    I also noticed that 7268 kHz mixes with am broadcast stations evening time since this frequency is shared band.

5. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

6) No long transmissions. Let up on the key between phrases to hear if emergency traffic needs the freq.

K7JOE, G7DAZ and NA5B like this.