ad: dxeng

HRD Utilties v1.5.0.40

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Deluxe - HRD' started by S56IPS, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S56IPS

S56IPS Ham Member

Problems....
    • eQSL upload and download in HRD Utilities stop working ... picture is the result..???
    • LoTW in the HRD Utilities is working with no problem..
    • eQSL in HRD Loogbook is uploading and downloading with no problem...

any idea ??

reagards
    S56IPS

p.s.
    sorry for my bad english..
    E_QSL_problem.jpg

2. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Platinum Subscriber

That looks like an error coming FROM the eQSL site. Have you gotten this error more than once, and are you still getting it?

3. S56IPS

S56IPS Ham Member

- error is still here.... :confused:
    - i use HRD Logbook - upload and downlod to LoTW and eQSL in logbook is working but i want back my HRD Utilities..:(

4. KB1NXE

I am using HRD 5.21 on a Win 7 Enterprise installation. I do not get that error, but do get the closed database error that is expected if you use MySQL instead of Access, which I do. It works fine if I select a dummy Access database log file.

That error leads me to think (not that all app developers put meaningful error messages in their applications) it has a corrupted or otherwise ineffective transfer of data from the eQSL site.

I'd recommend downloading and reinstalling the HRD utilities and try again. Also, verify that any anti-virus or firewall is not blocking the HRD Utilities application from creating temporary files or does not have write permissions to your system (try right clicking on the HRD Utilities Icon and 'Run as Administrator').

5. S56IPS

S56IPS Ham Member

- i run HRD utilities in WIN XP PC
    - i uninstall - delete HRD Utilities with all files and directory (i also check win sistem directory, user dir,... ect)
    - i download and install HRD utilities again - SAME THING - ERROR
    - my antivirus and firewall is open for HRD utilities & HRD

- in HRD Logbook eQSL upload and download working with no problem, log entries is updated (if i recive or send eQS..)

?????

- yust one thing more - eQSL in HRD utilites is working fine tile few days ago??

6. KB1NXE

Don't know what to say then. It's unique to your situation. Have you tried going to an older restore point in XP and seeing if that makes a difference? It could be something as minor as a anti-virus software upgrade (happened to me and I needed to disable it while running HRD).

7. VA3KAB

VA3KAB XML Subscriber

I'm not that familiar with HRD Utilities, but I wonder if it uses the Webservices interface to communicate with eQSL?

If so, try it again. Eqsl just put a new server on line a week or so ago, but the Webservices part was not working until yesterday.

8. S56IPS

S56IPS Ham Member

- The HamRadioDeluxeUtilities v1.5.0 say..(in the status window - bottom of screen):
    : loggin in to the eQSL website
    : Logged into eQSL.cc. Getting confirmation ADIF filename

and than
    : Coud not locate ADIF file in the HTML returned. Please try again later.

!!! i try later - about whole week !!!

regards
    S56IPS

9. KB1NXE

Petelinc,

For some reason the returned information is not parsed or formatted correctly. This could be an indication of a bad network connection, but a consistently bad connection is unlikely. You would see other problems as well.

Have you tried to download the information from your outbox and try importing to HRD? Also, I just discovered an issue importing an ADIF file to HRD 5.20 if you also use MySQL rather than Access for your database. Do you use MySQL?

Your English is terrific. Much better than my Slavic. I hope someone can help.

10. K1DNR

K1DNR XML Subscriber

I'm having a similar issue with HRD Utilities. Up until 4/9/2012 I could download a copy of the eQSL images. Now, the utility runs against eQSL but does not actually download the images. No error messages.

The download eQSL info can be fixed in HRD Logbook by clicking "Logbook" > "eQSL.cc" > "Download" and setting the start date to something reasonable. The default date doesn't work. HRD is updating the eQSL information for my contacts now.

Still can't download the jpgs with HRD Utilities any more.

11. S56IPS

S56IPS Ham Member

-- i dont thik it is bad network connecton, i use 10mb download and 500kb upload - so far no problems.. (browsing, APRS, EchoLINK ...ect is working fine)
    -- i know - the HRD Utilities did not find ADIF in HTM from eQSL.. but why, it starts last week ??
    -- in HRD i use Acess database for my log
    -- maby i have to wait for HRD Utilities upgrade

12. S56IPS

S56IPS Ham Member

-- THE SAME PROBLEM - i change the date - now HRD is updating the eQSL information for my contacts (sometimes..??)
    -- Still can't download the jpgs with HRD Utilities any more ??

13. YO3FHM

YO3FHM Guest

Meta keywords: [ eQSL problem, eQSL no download, eQSL images not downloading, eQSL Download Utility not working, eQSL Download Utility fault, savemeqsl not working, savemeqsl fault, eQSL empty files, eQSL JPEG files empty, eQSL pictures not present, HRD Utilities not working, HRD Utilities fault ]

Hello,
    I tried today to download the JPEGs from my eQSL account, and also from my father's account, using two utilities:
    eQSL Download Utility (for Windows) written by Stephen, WD5EAE and savemeqsl script for Linux, written by Federico, LW3ESH .
    The results are identical.
    However, Stehen's program is showing the call of the JPEG that is trying to download, but produces no file in the target folder. Using Federico's script, this produces JPEG files with zero bytes lenght (see below):

cezar@ns1:~/eqsl$ ./savemeqsl -u call -p password -d /home/cezar/eqsl/qsls
    Connecting to eQSL site...
    Login to eQSL site...
    Downloading you logbook file...
    Reading you logbook file...
    Downloading eQSL for you QSO with 5X1CW...
    Downloading eQSL for you QSO with 5R8GZ...
    Downloading eQSL for you QSO with RD9FD...
    Downloading eQSL for you QSO with CT1JOP...
    Downloading eQSL for you QSO with UA9LAO...
    [....]
    cezar@ns1:~/eqsl$

And here is the result:

cezar@ns1:~/eqsl/qsls$ ls -la
    total 8
    drwxr-xr-x 2 cezar cezar 4096 2012-04-22 19:35 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 cezar cezar 4096 2012-04-22 19:31 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 cezar cezar 0 2012-04-22 19:35 3A2MW_20110729_2008_20M_CW.jpg
    -rw-r--r-- 1 cezar cezar 0 2012-04-22 19:35 5C12M_20110711_2212_20M_CW.jpg
    -rw-r--r-- 1 cezar cezar 0 2012-04-22 19:34 5R8GZ_20020729_1945_20M_CW.jpg
    -rw-r--r-- 1 cezar cezar 0 2012-04-22 19:33 5X1CW_20020729_1907_15M_CW.jpg
    -rw-r--r-- 1 cezar cezar 0 2012-04-22 19:34 7Z1HL_20110505_1049_10M_CW.jpg

See? The size column indicates "0" everywhere.

Initially, I believed that is a problem from my father's account, but soon I realized that the problem should be from eQSL.cc site.

It is very interesting what is happening. Much more than that, I've tried a test. I've used my father's account to log a new QSO with me myself, and after that, I checked my own eQSL account. I did it, to see if the behaviour of the download programs is not connected with the presence or absence of the new eQSL entries in the Inbox.
    Of course, I found a new entry, and I supposed that when I'll try to use one of the download programs mentioned above to download again the QSLs, I will have to expect that the new entry will be downloaded....

The result: same as first. The new entry has been downloaded as a JPG file with zero bytes lenght (using "savemeqsl" Linux bash script by Federico) and no file while I used the Stephen's eQSL Download Utility.

Mmmmm, I think that we have to look in the eQSL.cc garden . Maybe they did some spells to trick this kind of third-party software for mass-downloading of their JPEGs, in order to avoid the overload of their servers. I don't know, this is a simple supposition.

I also wrote to Federico about this problem, and I am waiting for his answer.
    If anyone has any ideea about this, please keep us informed !

Best regards from Bucharest, Romania -
    Cezar Vener, YO3FHM

Later edit (8:05PM)
    - wrote to Federico, but he cannot do anything in this moment;
    - wrote to Stephen (WD5EAE) and awaiting his reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
  14. K1DNR

K1DNR XML Subscriber

The zero byte file is written locally by your utility. It wasn't downloaded.

I think something changed at eQSL - whatever it was broke the jpg download functionality of these utilities.

I can view the images manually on the site. I can not auto download jpg eQSL images any longer...

I DM'd Dave @N5UP and have been checking his Twitter - he didn't respond.

He posted the following a few days later:

N5UP Dave Morris
    If you don't like the new PNG format eQSL graphics, go to MY PROFILE and check the box in Advanced Features for JPG format.
    6:06 PM Apr 19th

The jpg download was at least 75% of my reason for using eQSL. The other 25% was the integration with HRD.

So, this "new feature" kinda sucks.

15. YO3FHM

YO3FHM Guest

Good Morning!

Well, maybe yes, maybe no. We will have to see. All what can I say is the fact that I changed that option to JPG format, logged out, then logged in again in eQSL. Checked again to view the image properties and I assured myself that is JPG (see the image with blue contour below). After that, I used again eQSL Download Utility to check if something changed ... but it sucks again. You can see the error message that I've got at the end of the utility work, in the image with red contour:

eQSL_download_err.JPG

Well, viewing the image properties, it can be seen here (the QSL):

http://www.eqsl.net/CFFileServlet/_cf_image/_cfimg-8989362262408221284.JPG

***Later edit: after a while (5-10 mins), the URL has become unavailable. So I concluded that this is a temporary allocated resource. It is obvious that the download utility is using informations extracted from the ADIF log of the user, but I don't know what it's doing with them, hi ! Maybe I will try to dig in the Federico's "savemeqsl" sources, in the hope that I will understand the algorithm and try another derived hack, but I am not a code guy :(

I tried (as a joke) to see what is happening when I access the root path of the servlet, without typing any target, and I've got this:

eqsl_servlet_err.JPG

The text:

C:\ColdFusion9\tmpCache\CFFileServlet\_cf_image (Access is denied)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\ColdFusion9\tmpCache\CFFileServlet\_cf_image (Access is denied)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
    at coldfusion.util.CFFileServlet.writeToResponse(CFFileServlet.java:211)
    at coldfusion.util.CFFileServlet.doGet(CFFileServlet.java:171)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
    at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
    at com.intergral.fusionreactor.filter.FusionReactorFilter.k(FusionReactorFilter.java:637)
    at com.intergral.fusionreactor.filter.FusionReactorFilter.d(FusionReactorFilter.java:266)
    at com.intergral.fusionreactor.filter.FusionReactorFilter.doFilter(FusionReactorFilter.java:171)
    at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
    at com.seefusion.Filter.doFilter(Filter.java:49)
    at com.seefusion.SeeFusion.doFilter(SeeFusion.java:1500)
    at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
    at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
    at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
    at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
    at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
    at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
    at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

Maybe this could help for some Java smart guy...

Anyway, I would like to ask anyone that could help us to solve this.

It's 10:20AM locally and I didn't received any reply yet from Stephen, WD5EAE (mail sent 12 hours ago).

Best regards,
    Cezar, Yo3FHM

16. YO3FHM

YO3FHM Guest

Hello everybody,

Without claiming that I am a coder, and after seeing that no one jumps in to help, I've studied the behaviour of eQSL.cc site and the great Linux bash script written by Federico Tomasczik (LW3ESH). He calls his product, a "Simple bash script for download Electronic QSL cards from eQSL.cc site".
    I managed to modify it and to make it work with the new behaviour of eQSL.cc site. The use of my modified version is the same; please read Federico's notes from the link above.

Please sorry for my English. Try to get the essential ! Now the script is working, and I can download without any problem all the eQSLs as JPG files (be sure to turn on this feature in your eQSL.cc account, MY PROFILE -> Advanced Features for JPG format_. Also, please note this script is only for Linux. I don't know how to make something similar in Windows. For Windows, there are HRD Utilities and eQSL Download Utility written by Stephen, WD5EAE. However, these are not working now, although I wrote to the author, asking him to help us.

The modified script has 0.1.0b version, the file is called "savemeqsl2" and can be downloaded from the attached file or from here . After download, please unzip it.

The script is using bash commands and should work on most of the Linux machines from the last 10 years :)
    See below the notes that I've introduced in the modified version of Federico's script.

I am sure that this is a ugly, dirty hack, but is working.
    And also I am sure that Federico will correct the problem in a future release of his script.
    Great job, Federico!

Best regards,
    Cezar Vener, YO3FHM

VERSION=0.1.0b modified by Cezar, YO3FHM <radioclub3kxl at gmail dot com>

#
    #***************************************************************************************
    # NOTE BY CEZAR, YO3FHM:
    #***************************************************************************************
    # I modified this version today, 24 Apr 2012, after I noticed that a lot of people
    # (and also me) are unable to download their corresponding JPEGs of the received eQSLs.
    # Few days ago, Dave Morris - N5UP at eQSL.cc, announced :
    # " If you don't like the new PNG format eQSL graphics,
    # go to MY PROFILE and check the box in Advanced Features for JPG format."
    # After this, the downloading of the eQSLs in graphical format became impossible,
    # no matter if we are using the original versions of Stephen's (WD5EAE) HRD Utilities & eQSL Download Utility
    # or Federico's <savemeqsl> Linux bash script.
    # I tried to post some warnings on QRZ.com forum, and to call for help from both authors.
    # While Federico was too busy, I didn't received any answer from Stephen.
    #
    # In these conditions, I tried to understand by myself the sources published by Federico
    # (thanks, Federico!) and after that, I tested the new modified script against my own account
    # and my father's account on eQSL.cc.
    # The results has been 100% positive and I was able to download again the eQSL cards.
    #
    # Any credits must go to Federico, while I am not a coder, but a Linux user.
    #
    # MODIFICATIONS:
    # **************
    # This 0.1.0b modified version has a workaround in the last wget lines, that are responsible for the
    # efective download of the eQSL cards. I kept the originals of Federico and I commented those modified by me.
    # The most important difference has been here:
    #
    # at the start of the script, instead URL="http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/"
    # i put: URL="http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard"
    # (without the last slash).
    # This is because of the new formula of the parsing of the /var/tmp/tmp.txt, in order
    # to isolate the name of the JPG file that has to be downloaded.
    #
    # Also, I turned on the verbose option of wget and I noticed
    # that the URL for download has two slashes instead a single one.
    #
    # So, instead the original: $DESTINATION"/"$FILE_NAME $URL/"TempeQSLs/"$t ,
    # I put: $DESTINATION"/"$FILE_NAME http://www.eqsl.cc$t .
    #
    # and also,
    # instead the original: t=`grep "TempeQSLs" "$TMP/tmp.txt" | cut -d '"' -f2 | cut -d '/' -f4`
    # I put: t=`grep "JPG" "$TMP/tmp.txt" | cut -d '"' -f2`
    #
    # Well, I replaced "TempeQSLs" with "JPG" because I ananlysed the output of eQSL.cc and "TempeQSLs"
    # is not present anymore. This line is parsing the name of the real JPG file from the source page
    # from eQSL.cc, accessed by pressing the DISPLAY button.
    #
    # I am sure that this is a ugly, dirty hack, but is working.
    # And also I am sure that Federico will correct the problem in a future release of his script.
    # Great job, Federico!
    # ****************************************************************************************************

RESOURCES::p

- EQSL.CC INBOX DOWNLOADING PROCEDURE revised 06 March 2009
    - How to wget my eQSLs? ( G4ILO's blog)
    - The Linux Documentation Project - Bash Guide for Beginners (grep, cut and wget commands)
    - the study of eQSL.cc page sources

View attachment savemqsl2.zip

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  17. K1DNR

K1DNR XML Subscriber

Nice. Thanks - looks like they changed the path!

I know these are 3rd party apps - but quite surprised eQSL doesn't seem to notice (care?) that so many people were using this feature... I also contributed to support of the site. (which everyone should do if they use it as extensively as I have)

18. PE1CDE

PE1CDE Ham Member

- The HamRadioDeluxeUtilities v1.5.0.40 (in the status window - bottom of screen):
    : loggin in to the eQSL website
    : Logged into eQSL.cc. Getting confirmation ADIF filename

and than
    : Coud not locate ADIF file in the HTML returned. Please try again later.

!!! i try later - about whole week !!! enz enz

regards
    Peter PE1CDE

19. S56IPS

S56IPS Ham Member

- same problem...
    - waiting for HRD Utilities upgrade..
    - the guys in e-QSL changed something i think...

regard
    S56IPS

20. KC0JRW

KC0JRW XML Subscriber

I've got the same problem. I started a thread over on HRD just to see if I'm the only one and was directed over here. I also sent a email to WD5EAE hoping for some help. I haven't heard back yet. If I do I will post. It's a great little program. Maybe HRD in coming versions will include this feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.