ad: M2Ant-1

HR2.0 Episode 117 - Retevis RT-82 & TYT MD-2017 Comparison, plus TyToolz debut

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Nov 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

http://www.livefromthehamshack.tv/2017/10/30/episode-117-retevis-rt-82-tyt-md-2017-tytoolz-firmware/
    -----------------------------------

I've been wanting to do a comparison video for a while between the TYT MD2017 and the Retevis RT-82 dual band DMR HTs, which are essentially the same radio. They both take the same CPS, cable and codeplug, but there are minor hardware differences between them.

Also, I had the privilege to debut the newest version of the TyToolz from KG5RKI for the dual band DMR HTs.

The Winner of the BridgeCom BCH-270 handheld radio from Episode 113 is also announced.

N2NH, KG7EZP and AA3SO like this.
  2. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

You do understand that is the same radio make by the same factory. There is no difference in the radios. Useless comparison and a waste of 35 minutes of your life and 30 seconds of mine.

3. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

The firmware is different. The differences are slight. That was pointed out by the author. Knock off this nose-in-the-air stuff, willya Clem. We're supposed to be a fraternity.

KC5HWB likes this.
  4. QRZFAN2

QRZFAN2 QRZ Member

That nose-in-the-air stuff, about Clem is ,nose-in-the-air stuff, We're supposed to be a fraternity. :p now someone post below me about my post to keep it going please :D

Great info OP! Thanks for posting. MTC radio is doing their help a ham 2017 drive on their site. Help spread the word 73.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  5. K1GUY

K1GUY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

im still confused about which one to buy

N2NH likes this.
  6. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Toss a coin ;)
    G3SEA/KH6

N2NH likes this.
  7. AA3SO

AA3SO Ham Member QRZ Page

Good Job Jason.

8. N5WLS

N5WLS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

good seeing you at mentorfest. i became a patreon today. thanks for the reminder. and thanks for your contribution to amateur radio.

KC5HWB likes this.
  9. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks