ad: Sussex-1

HR2.0 - ARRL West Gulf Division Candidate Interviews 9/28/2019

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Sep 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This was recorded from a Facebook livestream on Sept 28, 2019, between the 2 candidates running for West Gulf Division Director. Thanks to Mike, N5VCX for arranging this meeting.

N5AUS' Election Page: https://votewestgulf.org
    W5MJ's Election Page: https://www.qrz.com/db/w5mj

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

after straining my ears with the head phones on and the volume at max,.............. I gave up

3. N5OT

N5OT Ham Member QRZ Page

"I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have about what was said."

4. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm sorry you are having issues. I do agree that the audio is lower than most of my videos (one of the fallbacks of having to record from someone else's sound system) but it should be at a level easy enough to hear.

5. N5OT

N5OT Ham Member QRZ Page

When I turn everything up to 11 I hear it just fine. That means 10 should work okay too, right?

6. W5LHC

W5LHC Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe that, after watching the video, the experienced and most qualified candidate is extremely obvious. WGD needs the continued experience and effective guidance of the incumbent, Mr. Stratton.

K5TCJ and KG5VK like this.
  7. KG5VK

KG5VK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree !

Madison was ill prepared, used less than 7 minutes out of the 15 avaialble to
    present his case on why he should be our next Director.
    (Imagine that a contest op and dxer that left time on the clock, apparaently he does not take asking for our votes as a serious thing)

He stated that to get antennas in HOA's is easy, just get two or three of your ham buddies to sit on the HOA as Board of Directors
    and rewrite the rules. I thought he had been an experienced attourney (now retired), Fact is it takes 65% or more of the home owners in an HOA to change the laws.

From the question the young lady asked about what he said about Vice getting seated as the director in Good Ol Boy Fashion
    He (Mr. Madision) obvisously has little understanding of the ARRL By Laws on Vice Directors/Directors.

The one prepared to work for us is obviously John Robert Stratton
    He has the experience gained working as the Vice Director under Dr. Woolweaver
    He has the strength and knowledge to get things done

I am Voting for John Robert Stratton and hope you will as well.

Steve KG5VK

K5TCJ likes this.
  8. N5OT

N5OT Ham Member QRZ Page

Challenger W5MJ's comments about HOAs demonstrate he is out of touch with the reality of living in one.

KC5HWB likes this.
  9. K5TCJ

K5TCJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe John Stratton - N5AUS to be the more experienced and prepared candidate for West Gulf Division Director, and has my support to continue in that role.

KC5HWB likes this.