HR 555 - Amateur Radio Parity Act has just passed the house!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The vulture? Or the carrion?

3. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That remark was not aimed at you, Jim. I do not consider anything you post to be "uncivil." :)

N2EY likes this.
  4. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do you pro-HOA guys think your neighbours would be all that concerned about your putting up an outdoor antenna? I'd say, except maybe for a few control freaks and busybodies, most couldn't care less.

N2EY likes this.
  5. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

First, I'm certainly not a pro HOA guy.

Second, and this may come as a shock to you, people that are not hams do not see the elegance and beauty that you see in a tower and antenna. They only see a very ugly twisted hunk of scrap metal 60 feet in the air that's dragging down their property values.

Just why do you think people move into an HOA community? It's because they are investing $200,000 or $300,000 or more in their home and they want to protect their investment.

How would you like it if your next door neighbor painted their house purple and used a bunch of old toilets as planters on their front lawn? It would really make selling your home a lot harder and you'd most likely have to accept a reduced purchase price thus losing on your investment in your home..

W4ZD and WA7PRC like this.
  6. K6BRN

K6BRN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I actually saw someone do that once, to a friend's former home after he sold it. Well... the purple part (with a giant PEACE symbol on the garage) anyway. "Toilet's" as planters. Hmmmm. That's a more recent innovation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.