How was your sprint?

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KK4YWN, Apr 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

I didnt even know it was on. Imagine my surprise.

The ic7300 waterfall was extremely handy. At one point i could see 4 fone contacts and two cw down-band of my conversation with n4js.

But since i was totally unaware and not prepared, i only made a few contacts for giggles.

It did whet my appetite for the contest in june though. More sprints would be welcome.

2. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

40q's and 16 grids from my scribbled log sheet. I know I forgot to write a couple down too when I was interrupted by my 10 month old kitten who wanted to be held(he is a cuddle buddy). Quite a lot of activity for the flat band conditions in Minnesota. No enhancement at all. I need to find a noise source that is puking out wideband hash when I point over the house, I am sure that S2-3 mess buried a few stations.

3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

There are more sprints coming. Next Tuesday is 222MHz.

Best thing is every mode is welcome, including FM. Come on Technicians!

Apparently FM made the bulk of QSOs on Monday, tallied nationally.

4. N4OGW

N4OGW Ham Member QRZ Page

I missed most of the first hour but operated about 2 hours off and on. Not much activity around here: 4 contacts in 3 grids. There were also two other stations I heard but missed. My best DX was 400 miles to EM25 on CW. 100W to 9 el yagi up 105 feet.

Tor
    N4OGW/EM53

5. KM3F

KM3F Ham Member QRZ Page

10 contacts in four grids on 222 band.
    The problem is everybody is in to much of a hurry on such a contest with a limited number stations such that they don't listen enough and miss contacts.
    After the rush is over they are gone.
    I heard enough stations to get at least 5 or more in the log if they would sop running the rotor long enough to hear.
    Maybe they can't hear well or maybe my 175 watts is to low.
    Good luck.

6. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I need to finish the 222 transverter, find a cheap amplifier, and either buy or build a beam that is around 15-20' long. TV antenna rotor could handle it. Not a band I want to invest a lot of money in due to lack of activity.

7. OH2FFY

OH2FFY Subscriber QRZ Page

How was your sprint?

Just like most sprinting Hams that do 'Radio-sport' , I didn't even raise a sweat.

gregW:) OH2FFY