How to connect HDSDR to a Yaesu FT-450D

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by N8RFY, May 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N8RFY

N8RFY Ham Member QRZ Page

Is it possible to connect the HDSDR software to a Yaesu FT-450D using only the USB (USB-63) to RS-232 cable?

I saw a YouTube video from a station that accidentally connected a 450D to his HDSDR software via a 'RealTec' dongle. Please see the YouTube video below. I don't current own the RealTec device. However, I do have my 450D hooked to my computer via a USB-63 cable (USB to RS-232) and I am using the PCC-450 software to control my 450D. However, it does not have the "waterfall" display like the HDSDR app.

Any information provided will be appreciated!

Name of Video: Yaesu FT-450D and HDSDR
    URL:

Thanks and 73's,
    Calvin
    N8RFY

2. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

N8RFY likes this.
  3. N8RFY

N8RFY Ham Member QRZ Page

4. W9WQA

im getting parts together to try with a regular lna,not hi z. testing an idea? report later , cables on sat i hope. found tie points on 450 board,very tiny parts to be CAREFUL WITH...!!
    using short cable inside to a new hole on rear panel for sma conn. that will feed a cable to the sdr dongle or rsp duo.
    wonder if i could use the duo hi z input with a "balun" to the lna inside? just though of that?
    i dont know these parts, yet..

it will look good even if it dont work,!!

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  5. W9WQA

btw,the link info on this mod is misleading on tie points for rec power and input signal. take a good look and verify if you try it.
    the pics are misleading.

6. W9WQA

so if the internal connection,if it works,is it useful?
    see same basic stuff with antenna.?