ad: wmr-1

How to change QRZ Webpage back to DEFAULT

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KI7IIM, Mar 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KI7IIM

KI7IIM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello,
    I am wondering if there is a button or if someone can email me the code and CSS codes for the DEFAULT QRZ web page. I designed mine a while ago and want to put it back to the original as if I never touched it so I can start a new one from scratch. If I delete everything including the CSS file, I don't want to get locked out or have nothing to work off of. Thanks in advance.

2. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Cool Rush music, I'm a fan too. I saw the 2112 tour in '76

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just go in and delete everything. That shouldn't lock you out or anything bad at all.

Prolly not a bad idea to do away with the "automatic background music" - that's kinda 1996 :D

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KI7IIM

Thanks Dave for the info. The music is actually called SPIRIT OF RADIO and it kinda fits. 1996 or not, I never saw anyone with sound on their QRZ page so it is kind of unique in that sense even if people don't find the connection. I also don't have to delete the page to remove the music. Afterall, radio is radio. If you need the computer to operate radio, maybe skype or email would be better. QRZ is a good logging tool but not a necessity to make contacts. :)

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh, I LOVE the song! I'm a big Rush fan - saw the "Moving Pictures" tour in 1980. It's just having a page that launches music - I'm not a fan. That was a common gimmick in the mid 1990s, mostly using MIDI files.

But either way, you should be fine to just delete all the stuff on the page

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  6. KI7IIM

Thanks again Dave, I removed the sound until I decide which way I want to go with the page. I just dont know if the system will automatically fill basic format if I delete all the code for a while. I don't want to lock myself out. :/ I appreciate your quick replies.

Paul
    KI7IIM

7. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Auto playing of music or a video is not allowed in a bio page. Make sure you turn "auto-run" off.

You can delete all your css code and html code without getting locked out. Or you can also restore back to any other earlier version of your page.

restore-1.png restore-2.png

73, Lisa

8. KI7IIM

Lisa, I have removed the music already but I was wondering where that is posted that it's "not allowed on a bio page". If it is posted, I would hope they would put it in a more obvious place since I had the music on my page for close to a year and had no complaints. I wouldn't have put it on there in the first place had I have known it was "forbidden by the internet PoPo". Thanks for your reply. At this point, I think I have all of the answers to resolve my concerns. Thanks for everyone's input. 73.

9. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not a problem but, auto run has never been allowed for videos or music. No one ever reported your page that is why it was still there.

It is under content rules. when editing your page.

help1.jpg

73, Lisa

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    UA6JD likes this.
  10. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

#csbody {
    color: black;
    }

#calldata {
    }

#biodata {
    }

#t_bio.biodiv {background-color:#ffffff;}

The button "clear (reset) the CSS " have only QRZ staff members.

N6QIC likes this.