How to Become a Verified Member

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VP9KF

VP9KF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, we live in an area where Spectrum is the main internet provider. Why's that a problem? They trap attempted traffic from WiFi connected GSM cell phones, much to our horror when we moved to this area. Our experience with the said bank and trying to explain that once out of actual RF coverage there is no fallback, was interesting. Have tried the Google approach and they were able to sense that and block it too! Our previous VOIP 'landline' provider was RoadRunner which could take text, callerID, etc. When Spectrum took them over this was rapidly removed (they threw a switch on their server with NO notice!). In short, we live close to civilisation, but cannot get a connection through our internet/cable/VOIP which will work. I didn't ask for the local cell providers not to cover our valley. I didn't ask the internet provider to block VOIP. The only thing that works is Skype!

2. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive done this process a couple of times and never see on my profile where it took?

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

1. Did you complete the 2FA process successfully?
    2. Did you upload a copy of your government issued photo ID per the instructions?

4. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Fred, how is the personal information that is being collected by QRZ (copies of drivers licenses, passports, etc) being stored securely?
    Are the QRZ owners prepared for the liability exposure that could ensue if said information is compromised, stolen, etc and a lawsuit subsequently brought against the collectors of this confidential/private/personal information?

Joe K7JOE

KC6KNL likes this.
  5. VE2KOI

VE2KOI Ham Member QRZ Page

I want to establish 2FA on my account using Google Authenticator. But before I do that I have a question. How does enabling 2FA affect logging programs that connect to qrz.com using username and password to lookup and log callsign data? My guess is that the functionality will fail with 2FA enabled. Or am I wrong and they are using an API that I am unaware of?

6. K2CD

K2CD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm using DXLab for logging and I don't see 2FA having an effect on lookups through DXKeeper. I'm guessing XML lookups don't get challenged. I could be wrong. Using Pathfinder, which utilizes the website interface, I had to enter the code so I could log in properly and see all of the call sign data. A new code must be re-entered every 30 days, or less if you don't choose 30 days.

7. K2CD

K2CD Ham Member QRZ Page

I just went and double checked. If your logging program is set up to use XML data via username and password, you should be fine. No code is necessary.

I noticed my logging software could also be configured to use Pathfinder to do the lookups, and pass the info on to DXKeeper. In that case the code would have to be entered. It all depends on how your logging software handles callbook data lookups.

8. KF5KUW

KF5KUW Ham Member QRZ Page

Installed the TSQL certificate following your instructions... It cannot find my certificate. Now what?

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Restart your browser and try again. It is a browser thing - at least that's what it was with me. Security certificates are tricky for browsers to work with and "find" - I just restarted Chrome and it worked great on a second try.

No promise that fixes it - but can say it worked for me (quite some time ago - I did the "ID Verified" thing the first week or so it was offered)

Dave
    W7UUU

10. KE0HTG

KE0HTG Ham Member QRZ Page

I did the 2FA and I am data member and have all ready uploaded lotw TQSL certificate to upload and download logbook data you already have it do I have to go through all that once more to be verified ???????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.