How to Become a Verified Member

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Have patience. They're probably running a little behind right now.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They have my TQSL certificate info. They may upload contacts to my LoTW account too!

N8FNR likes this.
  3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred stated that all info submitted by users is destroyed once the verification process is completed. The contact uploads for LoTW is handled via the ARRL using a public key cryptography system. More info here: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/managing-callsign-certificates/?lang=en

4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have no idea what may become of my government issued photo ID after I submit to any organization.
    I've seen lots of printed material from organizations stating how well they take care of my personal information. Some from very trusted organizations....followed by whoops....we've been hacked. I think it makes sense to limit the amount of personal info you send out. If you feel the benefits of doing so justify it that's fine. We each make our own decisions.

K1LSB and N7UJU like this.
  5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

But do we? :cool:

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

"ID Verified" applications are hand validated (and only by PAID QRZ Staff Members - not moderators, etc.). There has been a huge influx of applications in advance of the July 1, 2019 deadline (for posting in Swapmeet forums).

Please be patient. It might take a few more days for QRZ staffers to get yours approved

Dave
    W7UUU

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yep! If you have no interest in selling in the QRZ Swapmeet, there is no requirement to become "ID Verified" at all. You simply will not be able to post stuff for sale - and the whole goal of the program is to cut off 99.9% of the scammers - we've had LOTS of them in the last month - trust me! TWO just this morning around Dawn EDT (strongly suggesting the scammers are NOT in the USA).... At least a dozen in the last month alone, with THOUSANDS of dollars stolen from QRZ buyers responding to hacked scam ads.

But for just yakking in the forums, ID Verified is not required at all

Dave
    W7UUU

8. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Folks are seemingly forgetting that the verification process is totally voluntary. You don't need it unless you want to use the swap meet. As far as an ID, no one is asking for your social security number or the like. Your picture and address are ALREADY in countless databases accessible to those with the time to look it up. I have to show a picture ID pretty regularly to do much of anything these days. Having that knowledge that someone selling in the swap meet is actually who they say they are seems a no brainer to me. If that is not true for you, there are many other places where one can sell/buy online. No one is being forced to use QRZ.

..................Bob

9. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Is there an echo in here?? LOL!!

10. W7UUU

Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?

:D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.