ad: SDRKits-1

How to Become a Verified Member

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AA7BQ, May 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

How can there be problems with a PDF if the ID is validated by one of the ‘zed humans? Simply open a file and look at it ? Or is that process automated ?

I’m still concerned how all this personal and confidential data is being handled.

2. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I trust Fred more than the government.

W3ATV and KJ4VTH like this.
  3. N4DJC

N4DJC Ham Member QRZ Page

By far the easiest route. Takes a few days if you’re not already in LoTW.

4. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Judging by the quality of many of the for sale photos I have seen over the years, the "submit an image of your gummint ID" system is dooooooooooomed.

How much leeway is given to the validators for partially readable, blurry, out of focus and covered in mysterious crud ID images?

KS4W likes this.
  5. W4CP

W4CP Ham Member QRZ Page

Doesn't matter. I sent a scan of my driver's license and they STILL didn't "verify" me!

Privacy gone, nothing gained!

6. W4CP

W4CP Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought that was only for foreigners! :)

7. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The answer to your question is in step #2 in the first post of this thread.
    Was the 2FA process completed and when did you send in your DL scan?

8. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with this statement, however, you are not sending the info to Fred. You are sending it to an organization. The more organizations that store important data about you increases the probability of your information falling into nefarious hands. An organization may have impeccable security today....6 months down the road they still have your data but not necessarily impeccable security.

W4CP likes this.
  9. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you concerned about that because you believe that QRZ retains or stores the scan of your government issued photo ID?

10. W4CP

W4CP Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I have the 2FA process now and am using it, and I scanned my DL on Monday, but I may have sent it in on Tuesday. I don't remember which.

Curt W4CP