How to Become a Verified Member

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K1MZM

K1MZM Ham Member QRZ Page

I was able to get my information uploaded. It took two three attempts.

Alan

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly! Apparently you haven't read this thread either. In post #59 of this thread Fred explains that QRZ 's policy regarding collecting personal information, " . . . and we do everything we can to avoid asking for it. When we must, however, we try and keep it to the absolute minimum, and we delete or destroy it as soon as practicable." You weren't in possession of all the facts because you hadn't bothered to read, or you read and didn't understand. But you decided to make your smartass comment anyway and you wonder why people are losing their patience with those few who don't read, or don't understand what they do read, or can't seem to follow simple written instructions. Feel free to PM or email me if you wish to continue this conversation.

N3AB likes this.
  3. W5MCU

W5MCU Ham Member QRZ Page

But you'll show your driver's license at a store to cash a check? Really? Overreach? Nope.

4. K2CD

K2CD Ham Member QRZ Page

This has already been answered. The answer is NO. The image is validated then deleted ASAP. There's no reason to keep it on the server.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2019
  5. W7WM

W7WM Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried using Chrome 75.0.3770.80 several times with no luck. Application complained that there was no upload.

Re-did the process with IE11 and it worked the first time.

Frustrating. Good goal but frustrating.

6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I haven't done that either in the past 10-15 years. I sure as hell wouldn't send them a copy via their website!

K7JOE likes this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

By the way...I'm VERIFIED and you're not. ;);););)
    You might consider putting an email address on your QRZ page.

8. KF5KUW

KF5KUW Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the same thought, and tried this... nope.
    Tried different browser - no again.
    Thanks for the suggestion...

Mark

9. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FYI - even though there are no instructions for using my browser (Chrome) on Linux, I was able to do it by generally following the Firefox instructions. I was doing it late at night and didn't make detailed notes - sorry.

BTW - I had to request a new certificate from ARRL since I'm using a different computer than when I got the original certificate. I requested it on Saturday and they emailed me the new cert by Monday. I guess I didn't have to go through the postcard routine since I had done that previously.

10. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

This may help some folks.
    Installing the key through the script works with chrome.
    The script does not follow through to the "submit for verification" step until run a second time.

Now I tried a lot of things in between so don't know if they made a difference.
    I restarted the browser.
    I logged out and in to QRZ.
    I examined the content of the key file.

I may have missed a step in the instructions ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.