How to access IRLP?

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KW4TJ, Dec 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KW4TJ

KW4TJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive been trying to access IRLP from the three repeaters in my area that claim to have it. IRLP website says to follow the instructions on the website of the repeater. Only one repeater in my area gives instructions that do not work (I've tried the instructions fifty different ways backwards and forwards to no avail). Can someone tell me a sure way of accessing IRLP from a repeater? Thanks in advance. Dave kw4tj.

2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Look for a repeater in your area that is connected to the Win system. The repeater close to me is the Pomona, Sunset Ridge - K6JSI repeater and it is already connected. All you need to do is just talk like you would on any other repeater.

Win system streaming audio

winsystem.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  3. KW4TJ

N6QIP, thanks for your response. The closest Win repeater is nearly 200 miles away. That is why I need IRLP. Thanks, Dave kw4tj..

4. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you tried:
    1) Asking someone on-air on the repeater(s) what the procedure is?
    2) Contacting the repeater owner/sponsor/license-trustee off-air?

5. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave,
    Using your QRZ listed address, I've searched the IRLP.net site for enabled repeaters within 25 mile radius. The result is only one IRLP repeater, W3YT in Treasure Island, about 14.5 miles from you. The status of Node 8444 is shown as active, last heard from about 3am Today.

The W3YT Repeater Group has published great instructions for IRLP, EchoLink, and Allstar on their QRZ page. It's worth noting that the page hasn't been modified since April 2017, so it's certainly possible that the access commands have changed, and nobody has updated the QRZ page yet.

If you are not successful using the IRLP instructions, note that the system may be in Echolink/Allstar mode, and you'll need to issue commands to switch over to IRLP. See the bottom of the page, "CHANGING THE REPEATER FROM IRLP TO ALLSTAR/Echolink:"

If none of this works, I agree with KS2G, the next step would be to reach out to someone at W3YT for info / assistance.

Have fun! Let us know how it turns out!

Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  6. KW4TJ

KS2G and N2PQW, I sent an email a few days ago but so far no replies. I signed up for Allstar but I havent been validated yet. I used QRZ hoping there is a secret to doing this that I would like to learn. I guess there isnt.

The ops I contacted on air are not local....they are all using echolink, allstar, or IRLP from dx locations. Dave kw4tj.

7. KW4TJ

RE: The repeater page gives instructions that if I do this or that I will hear voice messages saying which node the Repeater is in but apparently the voice messages have been disabled since the only voice message I have heard is the current time. Dave kw4tj.

8. ND5Y

ND5Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Every repeater can be different. Only the repeater owner or sysops can tell you how to access a particular repeater.

9. KC3JIN

KC3JIN Ham Member QRZ Page

Your local node may not be made for you to access. Sadly.

In my corner of the world, a lot of the internet-connected stuff is either-
    a) An "In-door" for other net connected folks to get on the repeater at their pleasure, and for local folks to connect to via the RF route,
    b) A "Private exit" for the fellow who bought the thing to dial out, and so especially *not* a huge setup on a tower.

Best to email someone involved in the ownership or maintenance thereof. Funny story, I did just that when I first got my ticket and the owner was gracious enough to grant me access - but to let him know when I'd be swinging by, as reception is spotty at best outside the living room :)

10. W3RX

W3RX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am the control operator for W3YT. It works fine. Covers all the islands around here. Carefully read the instructions, and feel free to email me if there is something unclear.

steve
    W3RX