ad: DukeCity-1

How many of you have antenna towers?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by K7XRL, Nov 23, 2016.

?

Do you have an antenna tower that requires climbing?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    65.6%
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. N6RGR

N6RGR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a big ridge to the west and one to the east. Hopefully the take off angles will still allow for contacts. My dipole is in an inverted V behind the house so many of the signals to the east are blocked. I have had good luck on the Pacific side (west) of the house. I even occasionally get north and south stations at the ends of the dipole (it is oriented south-to north). When I had the hexbeam put together on the ground I heard more east coast stations. Right now I am busy with house upgrades and having to mow our acreage as the grass has grown substantially due to all the rain. So, sadly the hexbeam sits in pieces. It is on the bottom of the to-do list as the honey-do list is more important (at least to the XYL).

Roger KK6IVD

2. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am also on the flight path of the local airport. City had no problem with me putting up my tower. No permit required, unless I exceeded 50' to top of antennas.

3. VE3CGA

VE3CGA Ham Member QRZ Page

I've got a 65' dmx tower, holds my wire antennas and a slim jim for 2M
    Its 120' out in the back yard. Had it at my last few houses and finally got my own climbing belt
    I wish I put it up closer to the house, now that I have a good 2M beam.
    Lots here are narrow and winds get high here, was worried about it coming down.
    Got some guys last fall to install but need to make sure they dont interfere with the inverted vees.
    Maybe I should get stronger antenna wire and use them as guys
    now that I'm getting "aged" thinking of replacing it with a tilt-over crank up mast

4. W5TTW

W5TTW Ham Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Tower? I'm prohibited from having any type of non-TV antenna on my property. I'm not worried because the League will remedy that. Any day now. Yep, any day now. You'll see. Just be patient. It'll happen. Soon...

5. KA5ROW

KA5ROW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3, as of now, 2 Rohn 25 G 1 is 20 ft with s dual band Cushcraft vertical VHF/UHF. The other is about 40 ft with a Mosley CL-33, Tower 3 is a in process 80 ft Rohn with a Mosley Pro 67 C, large 6M and 2M SSB antenna system.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018