ad: elecraft

How effective is your station?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK6FLAB, Feb 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

How effective? Well, I can make HF contacts any time I want to. The interesting part is when I want to contact a particular station, say a DXpedition. It is then that the limits show... Lobey patterns on some bands, NVIS-like on others. I can hear more than I can work.

2. K6UJ

K6UJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its silly to say I may gain db's from going to another mode like going to FT8 to CW if we don't like FT8. The going to a different mode rationale is nonsense. The best thing to do is first increase the gain of your antenna system which will give you reciprocal benefit. Its ham radio 101 guys. :)

3. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Inefficient stations are only as inefficient as you allow them to be. Even if it's a wet noodle hidden in the attic of a condo in an HOA, spend the time to get it in the clear and as well tuned as best you can - and buy decent coax and connectors. And yes, digital can make a narrow bandwidth antenna like Hamsticks usable.

My humble Public Service Announcement

4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's amateur radio !!!! But I will tell you one thing about antennas, The best antenna is one that is "In The AIR & On The AIR" . Without doing a lot of calculations I bet that quadruples your efficiency!!!!
    K0UO Rhombic and Vee Beam Antenna Farm. https://www.k0uo.com

VK6APZ/SK2022 likes this.