How do you use ALLSTAR with an HT?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KE7ACY, Jun 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KE7ACY

KE7ACY Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone have a quick USER Guide to using your radio on an ALLSTAR repeater to do anything other than talking locally???

For example, How do I access EchoLink via ALLSTAR using an HT???

How do I access DMR via ALLSTAR using an HT??

HOW DO I CONNECT TO A DIFFERENT NODE OTHER THAN THE ONE I'M COMING IN ON??? USING AN HT!!!

I've combed every resource I can find for a simple list of commands - NOTHING except a whole log of worthless meaningless text! Why the hell is this so complicated??? IRLP is nice and simple - straightforward commands. Same with Echolink - nice simple commands!

This shouldn't be so complicated that you can't find directions for even simple tasks!!!!

I don't need to know how to set up a node or a server, I don't intend to use a computer at all!! I want to know how to use the system with an HT!! How about it??

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

It helps to understand how it works.

Check the links near the bottom of the page.

https://hamvoip.org/

You need permission to control and use someones node.

AG5DB likes this.
  3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to the meetings of the club that sponsors the node and repeater. Make friends. Get the access codes.

Personally, I've never hooked up to change node connection, because I don't know anyone at any other node.

That said, I'm looking at All-star for a private set of nodes, they are radio isolated from each other.

4. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

I can do DX and it is really private. It’s called. A cell phone. Not a fan of voip ‘services’
    To each th,ere own I suppose