How do I wire a toggle switch for an HF amplifier power supply ?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KC5SCK, Jun 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

We get to do everything that matters first, everybody else gets ti imitate, and occasionally improve upon.

2. AF6LJ

Fixed...

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Roger.....just saw a documentary on The Animals. I didn't know they were from your hometown. :)

AF6LJ likes this.
  4. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually I put the kettle on top of my pellet stove to make my hot chocolate in winter. Why waste energy!

5. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Ditto. I use my wood stove to heat two kettles. My cast iron kettle adds moisture to the dry Winter air. I use the hot water in my tea kettle to make hot tea, hot chocolate, or coffee. Yum!

6. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Gosh, why do you get so heavy?! Can't you see this is just Banter?

Plus I've never said that EVERYTHING is bad in the USA . . . just your crazy Mains system . . .

Oh and when it comes to Inventions, I think you'll find that there's just as impressive a list of things that British people have invented . . . including the Telegraph, the Telephone, Television, the Jet Engine . . . and of course the Programmable Computer and the World Wide Web.

Oh and by the way . . . it wasn't Edison who invented the lightbulb . . . it was the Brit Joseph Swan. And Penicillin was developed in London by Alexander Flemming.

Roger G3YRO

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    G3ZBP and AF6LJ like this.
  7. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Like everywhere else, we have lots of other things that are crazier. Who has the most crazy and craziest things? I dunno but, most importantly, I don't care. ;)

8. AF6LJ

It is petty to argue over voltage, if you want banter make it worth it, over something that is not so well nailed down as national standards. I am not French so I don't think of recreational argument as a valid pastime. :)

9. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

That is why anything on this side of the pond that has 240VAC has a 2 pole disconnect.

Ed

WA7PRC and AF6LJ like this.
  10. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Since Edison perfected the incandescent light bulb, and installed the first lighting systems in this country, by definition, what he did was correct!

As for inventions: Some people, wrongfully, say that Marconi "invented" wireless ("radio") communications and the Marconi Company was British (correct). Marconi invented absolutely nothing, he just used things invented by others and the commercialized wireless. The United States Patent #350,299, issued in 1885 to Amos Dolbear, was for the same apparatus used by Marconi and that patent kept the Marconi Company out of the United States until Marconi purchased the patent. However, Mahlon Loomis, an Ohio dentist, was experimenting with wireless communications before the American Civil War and was issued United States Patent #129,971 in 1873.

As for 50 Hz versus 60 Hz: A 60 Hz AC mains voltage requires less volume in things like transformer cores, etc. Of course, even high frequencies require even smaller cores and like 400 Hz is used in aircraft to cut down on the weight in communications equipment.

As for hot water for my tea (or my wife's hot chocolate), I don't use any teapot! I have a water heater, as well as a water cooler, in my bottled water distribution unit!

Glen, K9STH

G3ZBP and AF6LJ like this.