how do i request confirmation as i am unable to confirm others.

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by F5VHZ, May 15, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am fed up trying to answer requests to "CONFIRM" a contact...IM FED UP TRYING not fed up wanting to...let's get that straight..i would love to confirm my contacts...but it's impossible there is always some mystery element that's incorrect and qrz refuses to allow me to confirm...correct day date time frequency colour of socks worn etc etc but still come back and says incorrect detailes....but i cant even pull up my log entry at the same time and just copy in the detail's either... i have to get out my paper log and see what i wrote down...surly there is an easier way to confirm contacts....like tick for confirm.!!!!! this is not a 1,000,000 dollar lawsuit it's just a simple request to confirm that you spoke to someone. they want me to say yes, i want to say yes...so why can't i just say yes.....is that too simple...

OK so lets try and flip the problem....how do i request conformation for all MY qso's....there is no request confirmation box ...or is that the un named box at the end of each line ??
    the last two rows are a gold star what does that represent....good qso?, confirmed qso? sunny day? and a mystery box i can tick ...i can click one at a time or the lot presumably page by page but there is no action pop up to say what it's for....is that for ordering a pitza !!

IM not being awkard, i just like simple things that are user friendly...

KK4CUL likes this.
  2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Like you, I keep a written log and I periodically transcribe the records into my electronic logbook - I do this monthly.

As a result, I seldom get confirmation requests. If I do, I simply leave them open until my next monthly logbook update at which time they are then automatically confirmed as a group - without the need to handle each individually.

The solution to your problem is to also enter your QSO records in your QRZ logbook upfront, thereby eliminating the need for your worked party to send a request.

The QRZ logbook is just that - a logbook to enter QSOs. If you do not choose to enter your QSOs, then your frustration will continue; perhaps the logbook is not for you.

To initiate a confirmation request - open your logbook, find the record(s) and place a check mark(s) in the box at the right end of the record, then scroll to the bottom of the column and click on the ACTION button.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    IU0KWX and R2FAQ like this.
  3. A61EK

A61EK Ham Member QRZ Page

Same issue happening to me also!!!

A61ek

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ requires confirmation (proof) rather than simple acceptance of another’s data. The software is working correctly as demonstrated by the many hundreds of thousands of successful confirmations that exist; click on LEADERBOARD at: http://logbook.qrz.com/logbook

The “errors” you refer to are not software related but due to the failure of one party to be able to record the correct minimal detail as to the mode, band, and UTC date/time (within a 30 minute window) in order to achieve a confirmation match. If you believe that your record is correct, then contact the other party by e-mail to seek resolution of the disagreement. If you have yet to enter a record of the QSO, then do so.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    G1HYD likes this.
  5. W1WOW

W1WOW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Case in point... many hams are not interested in mulling over months of paper logs to confirm a minor detail glitch in a contact. This isn't a medical procedure. I'm frustrated with QRZ.com and it's confirmation process. AND from my logbook here on QRZ.com that I've been using since 2000 with all the Unconfirmed contacts I have - I'm not alone. I log in real time as I operate - I don't carry over from a paper log so all is accurate without transposing errors. Honestly, only 25% of my contacts on QRZ.com are confirmed. I'd have all the awards they offer if 75% of them were confirmed. I also can't easily find on the site how to request confirmation of all of my unconfirmed contacts over the last 16 years. I also know that when I'm done digging for this information on the internet "how do I request confirmation on QRZ..com?" and send a request for confirmation - from my experience, it will go unconfirmed as the other party will surly become frustrated trying it get it confirmed as the original info was already correct enough. So pretty much in vain. Bummer - QRZ.com is the best call sign look up out there - has been for years. I just wish this feature was more user friendly - my humble opinion as come to the conclusion that it's broken as I've heard this grip for a long long time. I guess if they charged for the use of their logbook they would spend some time on it. *** Noticed the Moderator's log isn't any better with only 5416 QSOs confirmed out of a whopping 23,759 QSOs. So I guess there is no hope for QRZs logging freebie. Again - bummer.

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 7.25.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 7.50.43 AM.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  6. W1DQ

I have achieved all the QRZ awards offered.

For the record, with my style of operation (mainly CW DX HF), I have the following percentage confirmation rates over the period from 1997 to date:
    QRZ - 22.8%
    LoTW - 22.5%
    eQSL - 21.0%

As far as postal cards are concerned, the rate is essentially the same but rapidly declining as operators no longer rely on posting cards and now rely on electronic confirmations.

With only approximately 25% choosing to participate in confirming QSOs, a 75% rate is unachievable.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  7. KK4CUL

KK4CUL Ham Member QRZ Page

I brought this question up myself in a separate thread. It seems it is a very common / hot issue in this forum. My major gripe is that I use to work mobile HF often (I drive ~150 miles a day for work) so I can see no safe way to log my QSOs while driving. I don't mind missing out on the ones that are easy (Brazil and Argentina come in daily in the afternoon). But the rare DX hurts -- if I cannot log them, then I can't later request them. If they are nice enough to send a request to me, I cannot confirm even if I want to. Basically, I was told "if you cannot log your QSOs, you're SOL with confirmations".

I guess the moral of the story is, if you're driving and a rare Pacific Island is booming in, don't work him. Because then you're always going to be frustrated that you have no confirmation for that rare DX your friends don't believe you worked!

8. W1WOW

W1WOW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes - It's is the same across all 3 major online logging platforms - very weak confirmation numbers. Oh well - I just wanted to make light that it's not only happening to me or you - but to everyone. To learn W1DQ's confirmation percentages just lets me know that it's just the nature of the beast. Just wish there was a "standardized" platform and I'm not convinced that LOTW is that either but I'm new to it. Oh well, you do what you can.

9. G1HYD

G1HYD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Fascinating! I wish I had 25% success...!

KG7HVR likes this.
  10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

So far this is the best way I have found to resolve the issue of missing details of a QSO.....if you reject the confirmation request there is a area below the reject selection where the following is inserted...."If you require a confirmation from K3XR for a QSO please send an email to K3XR@xxx.net with all the details of the contact in order that I may be able to complete the confirmation." Those truly interested in confirming the QSO will reply. Hope this helps.

KG7HVR likes this.