ad: ARR

How do I change the frequency on Skookumlogger?

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KG5HVO, Dec 14, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG5HVO

KG5HVO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all!

I have just started to use Skookumlogger as my contesting program. During the 10m contest, I ran into a problem. I could not manually change the mode and frequency on the logging window. I currently can not connect my radio to the Mac so I have to manually change the mode and frequency on Skookumlogger. Is there any way I can manually change the frequency and mode in the logging window. Any help is appreciated! 73 and good DX-Bryant KG5HVO

2. K8AJS

K8AJS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've only spent a little time in SkookumLogger to see how it works; I haven't used it in a contest (and this morning was the first time I looked at it without a radio connected), but here's what I see...

Do you have Radio1 set up as "Phantom"?

When you have radio set as Phantom, you can use the "Band" selection in the Radio1 window to set the band, and the "Mode" selection to set the mode. Once you've done that, the up/down arrow keys will adjust the frequency displayed in the log entry.

This is in SkookumLogger version 2.0.11 running in MacOS 10.11.6.

Hope this helps.

3. KG5HVO

I just setup radio1 as Phantom. Is there a way to type in the frequency or is it just the up/down arrows? Thanks for your help! 73 and good DX-Bryant KG5HVO

4. K8AJS

When you enter the band in the Band selection of the Radio1 window, that enters the base frequency in the log display. Then you use the arrows to get to the desired frequency.

Hope this helps.

5. K1GQ

K1GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Read the section titled "Setting Radio Frequency and Mode" in the Radio Configuration page of SkookumLogger Help.

K1GQ

1 person likes this.
  6. KG5HVO

Thank you all for helping me figure out Skookumlogger! I am only 12 and all of the contest software stuff is very confusing to me. I can not wait to try it out in a contest! 73 and good DX- Bryant KG5HVO

7. K8AJS

Thank you for pointing out what I missed. The "Change Radio Frequencies" window provides the means for direct manual frequency entry desired by the OP.