How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

nice, what is it? :D

2. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess I’m a day late with this, but I used the CW WW SSB contest to bag DX on 40, 20, and 15m.

3. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Should be a photo uploaded to that post showing it. it's a base loaded vertical with six 18 inch brass elements as the vertical with eight 15 to 20 ft radials and the coil is a 6 inch or so inch wide coil with a sliding tap. Sits on a 4 ft camera tripod. Worked great once I got it fixed with a feedline issue. It's good from 10 to 80 meters. I worked 80 40 15 and 20 meter bands on it the past few days.

KA2CZU likes this.
  4. G0JUR

G0JUR Ham Member QRZ Page

I took a sabbatical ;)

5. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally got a rope over our tallest tree.

The doublet came down a while ago. Wind finally ground down the ropes.

So anyway, after about 6-7 shots with the slingshot, got the fishing line over. Something like 50 ft up. The actual rope snagged for a while, until it dawned on me to tie it to the other end of the fishing line and pull it over in the other direction! :D

Not sure yet what's going up. Probably just a 40m coax-fed dipole, cuz the only rig I have working is the 40m QRP at this time...

KP4SX likes this.
  6. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I worked PE1OAD/MM dead in the middle of the Atlantic on 40 meters.
    He wasn't dead, just smack in the middle.

N1OOQ and W4RAV like this.
  7. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yay! The NanoVNA-F (4" screen) arrived today! It powers on fine but I'm charging the battery before doing anything else like a calibration. I've got a couple of projects waiting for it!

8. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Helped a friend work on a JRC FT-245

9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

MAJOR rearrangement of the operating desk to make room for a new rig that is on its way to me...so only got on for a few minutes to make sure everything was hooked back up correctly. :)

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Checked in for the first time to the 75m "Noontime Net" (PNW thing) running 5 watts on "QRP day" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

W7TCT likes this.