ad: hrd-2

How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Lucky me, seems I dodged a bullet here. 40 seems just fine today so the love just keeps on flowing! :)

2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Received my first QSL card yesterday for FT8, haven't gotten an unsolicited card since last year at this time and that was for a SSB contact on 20m to a California station. So I dug through my desk for a card, filled it out after looking at my logbook, and it's ready for tomorrow's mail.
    I can say that getting a card in the mail, even a US station, is always a nice gesture. Same feeling as 10 years ago and I hope that feeling never goes away. I do understand the issues for those in rare areas or who make 100's of contacts a week. But that's not me so I haven't been jaded or wore out financially.

VK4HAT, W2JKT, US7IGN and 1 other person like this.
  3. N4RBZ

N4RBZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Added an Alinco 2 meter mobile in our bedroom for monitoring while I'm upstairs. Will update to a dual band later. Climbed up on the roof and added a copper pipe J-Pole on the chimney just for that radio. Nothing fancy, but it'll serve it's purpose. Prior to that I used an HT. I also tried using the J-Pole in a X-mas tree stand in the corner,, but it performed horribly. Much better at hearing out on the chimney.

4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

today i thought i would try something new, i installed the slow scan tv software, configured it to work and then sent this to a mate of mine in VK2 on 40m using about 20w. And i put up a 2m antenna so i can capture the ISS SSTV images as it flys over. I wont post my friends pictures, they will effect peoples pace makers.

67981124_2254460131534121_7006931421902143488_n.png

K9ASE likes this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Sitting around the shack copying the mail on 40 while working on an automotive based project and picked up a couple nice quick ragchews with N3FSA and KB6HK. Went to find the phone for its clock feature to log the times and got sidetracked into honeydo's and finishing the car project (adjusting the way aftermarket LED headlights are indexed into the lamp bezel assemblies). I think they went qrt or the band shifted.

VK4HAT likes this.
  6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Today, I had my first QSO on 40 CW with my "new" HW-16, the rig I went on the air with in July 1969. Still need to do a little work on the old girl, but she is alive! Wish I still had my original HW-16, but this is almost as much fun.

IMG_7170.JPG

VK6APZ, N2EY, N0TZU and 3 others like this.
  7. VK4HAT

Today is international ranger day, going out portable with the straight key for a little park activation to get a participation trophy.

N0TZU, W4IOA and WZ7U like this.
  8. VK4HAT

A picture from last week operating portable from Girraween National Park. It was 8 Deg C and I was holding the key in my left hand to stop it running all over the table.

IMG_5468.JPG

KA2CZU and N0TZU like this.
  9. K5ABB

K5ABB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What kind of key is that?

10. VK4HAT

Begali Simplex Mono.