How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AG4RT

AG4RT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I made up some ground straps (crimped and soldered on ring terminals) that will be used to bond the bed and cab to the frame and to each other on my truck. I will also bond the exhaust system to the frame. I’m installing my TS-480SAT with a bed mounted screwdriver antenna.

2. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Have not done any radio for a bit. But had dinner with my kids on Sat and spent the best part of the this morning in the garden with the wife. Its all good fun.

WZ7U likes this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I had it on 20 earlier today and I wasn't having any love. I heard some W6's that couldn't hear me so now I'm going back to investigate 40 and see if there's any love there now.

4. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Talked to the guys on 28.325 this morning to be sure I went to the right place for breakfast.

After breakfast I got out the power washer and washed my 75A-4, R-390, and a Hammarlund HX-500.

Currently working on the 75A-4 and I have a new dial scale to put on, I'll paint the lams on the power and audio transformers, replace a few Rs and Cs here and there, put it back together, align it, and pair it up with my Valiant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VK6APZ, W4IOA and KB2FCV like this.
  5. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish I still had a R390 to do anything with ,however I digress.
    Turned on radio and just for fun flipped to 10 meters and lo and behold a station actually transmitting....VP9HQ of all stations. Nice start to 10 meter activity. Another 10 meter contact to NU1AW and the the band went crap.No other stations heard there . Better results on 20,15,17,40,80. Contacts on all those bands and tried for 160 with QRP but no takers. 80 meters was great for Spain and Prince Edward Island.Ran across a guy on 17 meters running a TS870 like me, had a nice QSO and got a few tips on how to improve the already good audio_On a side note, I got my SDR dongle working in Linux, am able to hear FM broadcast now just have to work on a decent antenna to hear with.20 bucks of fun from Microcenter of all places. Mexican food for dinner.............. gracias Cafe Morelia....time to pass out....

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, I found some love on 40 tonight. A couple Canadians, a couple east coast US (one was the IARU station in CT) and a station in Brazil. Then my rig receive took a dump on 40. Afterwards I discovered I had a ventilation grill covered and I think I may have damaged my 40m filter because there is a severe rushing sound I've never had before. I was on 40 when it happened and the other bands seem fine. Still 4 hours to go in the IARU, but I'm out on my main band. Helluva way to coast through the rest of the weekend. :(

7. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Wasn’t yesterday fun?

Working EU stations on 10 & 15 meters AFTER 2100 Z, just like it used to be, back when the Sun had acne. Fantastic!

8. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad you had fun. I was too busy bringing in a late wheat harvest to play radio. :(

KK5JY likes this.
  9. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

My QTH is Kyiv, Ukraine. Rig is ICOM 756pro3. Ant. is balcony-tree delta loop.

KT7E, N6AA, PR7AB, PZ5CO, BA8BA, D4Z, AT1HQ, PR4T, PX2A, JE6RPM, FR4QT...

[​IMG]

W5BIB, KK5JY and WZ7U like this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Today? Six was open this morning!

KK5JY and WZ7U like this.