How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I had FD contacts from Alaska and B.C./AB to the Cook Islands as well as HI, plus the usual continental stuff I get here like UT, ID, CA, EWA, AZ, NV and southern OR. Nothing east beyond that, which reinforces the fact I need to shoot more line in the trees. All on the 40m vertical since the 20m vertical is needing some repair apparently. Bust on 6m. Well, the Cook Islands wasn't a FD contact but one I've wanted for a while.
    That's what I did.

VK4HAT, KK5JY and KC8VWM like this.
  2. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

I made contacts on 6 seperate bands during field day. It would have been 7 if the coax on my 6 meter beam wasn't open. possibly a first for me in 49 years.
    Tom WA4ILH

VK4HAT likes this.
  3. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I envy people who have enough tall trees to do interesting wire antenna projects. :)

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I envy people who have to do interesting experiments with loop antenna systems that really work! :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KK5JY likes this.
  5. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think it matters more that the trees be thick. I have trees on my property, and they're about as useful as 30-foot fiberglass driveway markers.

WZ7U and KK5JY like this.
  6. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Seemed anytime I had the chance to get on the air this weekend we were in the midst of thunderstorm and lightning warnings. My tomato plants did get watered though.

WZ7U and KK5JY like this.
  7. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Spent the afternoon writing a little application to automatically keep my PC clock in sync with the FT8 signals from WSJT-X.

So next time I "activate" a remote/rural location, I won't need a GPS to sync the clock... just let the application sync to the other FT8 signals. :cool:

VK4HAT, DK7OB and KU4X like this.
  8. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

VK4HAT likes this.
  9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wrapping up the 13 Colonies! :)

VK4HAT likes this.
  10. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I pity people who envy me.