How Did You Radio Today?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Aug 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was correct. Not so hot on the bands late this afternoon. But the West Virginia QSO Party is going, and I worked a few on 40 (CW)...

2. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

All Asia CW contest was on, it has been wall to wall CW here. I made the mistake of thinking i would be safe on 40m in the early afternoon from JA DX on CW. But no, i had people calling me at 30wpm and getting the shits cause i could not copy them. One big gun loser took over my frequency when i said too fast LOL

W4NNF likes this.
  3. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Finished overhaul of my DX-88 multi band vertical. New mounting post with a DX Engineering radial plate. (The old mounting post had sunk into the ground due to all the rain. Antenna feedpoint was actually below ground level, LOL. The radial plate should slow down any future sinking.) Tweaked the tuning as needed on all bands. Still need to re-tweak 80 and 40 to get it down where I want it, down low in the CW part of those bands. Will do that on the next dry day, which looks like maybe Thursday. Will add more radials later as time permits.

VK4HAT and W4NNF like this.
  4. DL4QB

DL4QB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Liked it today to have my first CW in 22 WPM. Also yesterday i had an OM, where i speed up from 18WPM to 21 WPM during the QSO.
    Hi did it as well and it was a really nice conversation!

73 Andre / DL4QB

WZ7U, AD5HR and VK4HAT like this.
  5. VK4HAT

Well done Andre.

6. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Added the first hardware to a hand-made radial plate. It's only 6" square, made from aluminum plate, with 16 sets of 1/4"x20 fasteners for the radials. This particular device it meant for some rural radio time later in the year, and maybe for FD...

upload_2019-6-16_20-1-58.png

All the holes were drilled by hand, and I'm still amazed that the rows turned out to be so straight. :)

VK4HAT, WZ7U and K2CAJ like this.
  7. K5ABB

K5ABB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked a bunch Asians in the AADX contest mostly 20 meters, all CW.... Japan, China, Cambodia, Guam, Singapore, Kazahkstan and several others, good fun on packed bands.

VK4HAT and WZ7U like this.
  8. KK5JY

Wrote a small Linux utility that allows me to quickly and easily adjust the system clock by arbitrary increments while operating FT8 away from NTP services. The goal is to quickly match the clock to other stations when operating portable.

It works on the RasPi, anyway. :)

VK4HAT likes this.
  9. VK4HAT

I started on a new code project myself using a Pi as a complete rig interface for a home brew transceiver. It was an excuse to use the Pi's I got sitting here and also an excuse to learn python.

KA2CZU likes this.
  10. KK5JY

I used FD as an excuse to pick up the 140-ish additional FT8 QSOs I needed to bump the log to 11,000 contacts.

VK4HAT likes this.