Homebrew Iambic paddle

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KG6HUF, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KG6HUF

KG6HUF Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been searching around for instructions on how to make a homebrew iambic paddle and i cant find any.

Can anyone lead me to instructions on how to make my own iambic paddle? Or any Ideas from anyone?

2. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

When the iambic paddles first started becoming popular, a number of amateurs built them using two inexpensive straight keys mounted "back to back" on a vertical support. Worked fine.

Glen, K9STH
  4. W2JDH

W2JDH Guest

Years ago I built a memory keyer for contest work. I don't care to send CW with a keyer (I use a "bug") but the darn memory function would only accept input from the keyer chip. I built a really decent paddle out of a piece of hacksaw blade with a poker chip for my fingers. I chose the hacksaw blade because it bends well, but always returns to it's original position unless you crimp it. Anchor it firmly in the rear, and use a couple of brass screws for contacts. Saved a bundle, and it inputs the memory fine.....Walt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.