HF0 is not only Shetland Island any more

Discussion in 'QRZ.COM Callsign Database Helpers' started by SP9JPA, May 4, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. SP9JPA

SP9JPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Presently, Polish amateurs may ask the authorities for any prefix combination (starting with 3Z HF SN SO SP SQ; however, SR is reserved for unmanned stations). Once, the HF0 prefix was assigned exclusively to the Polish amateurs operating from the Shetland Island. Not any more. How can one change the automatic flag assignment in QRZ.com? See HF0F, planned to operate later in July 2016. We tried to change the coordinates, but those refer only to the map. Can you please delete the HF0 reference completely? Thank you. 73, Henryk SP9JPA

2. EB1BSV

EB1BSV QRZ Staff / Dx Helper/ Moderator / Lifetime Member Staff Member Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Hello Henryk,

Thanks for the information.

Please, could you provide us any link or document about this? It would be quite important so we can check it and change this in the future :)

Thanks again for your collaboration ,

73, Julio

3. SP9JPA

SP9JPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Julio,

The Polish licensing authority approved a new regulation last year.

An excerpt is shown here: http://uke.gov.pl//pozwolenia-amatorskie-4266#

The respective article reads:

A callsign is a unique sequence of letters and digits, composed of the following: a prefix (HF, SN, SO, SP, SQ, SR, 3Z), a digit, and a combination of maximum four letters and/or digits, ending with a letter. Only special-event callsigns can be composed of maximum seven letters and/or digits, ending with a letter. The SR prefix shall be assigned only to unmanned stations.”

The HF0 prefix had been issued traditionally to amateurs operating from the Polish Arctowski Antarctic Station, King George Island. That conventional restriction was removed several years ago and presently anyone can ask for an HF0 callsign to operate from Poland. The Polish Academy of Sciences announced that they switched from radio to satellite communications in the Arctowski Station, removing all radio installations. The last Antarctic activity took place in 2008-09 when a Polish ham-sailor lost his yacht in the area and was assigned the HF0APAS callsign.

Here is the result of my HF0* search at QRZ.com.

Only HF0APAS should carry the South Shetland Islands (British) flag.

The following should carry Polish flags; and the same about any future HF0 stations:

HF0F, HF0POL, HF0HQ (not Bermuda!), HF0IVD, HF0TYTUS, HF0GUIDO, HF0QF (not Bermuda!).

The remaining entries are either correct or not applicable

HF0F

Jan Szostak 30-960 KRAKOW 1

HF0POL

GRZEGORZ KACZKA CONTEST CALL SIGN SOSNOWIEC

HF0HQ

SN0HQ Team Reserve-call not used No postal address

HF0MK

Maximilian Kolbe Day Special Call 95-200 Pabianice

UT1KY

PAVLO TARASOVYCH RIVNE, 33027 (alias match)

HF0RN

Jerzy Ciesla 05-822 Milanowek

HF0JP2S

Szkolny Klub Krotkofalowcow SP8PZI W Lubatowej

HF0BEM

Special Event Call 33-100 TARNOW - 1

HF0B

Ryszard TARNOPOLSKI Przasnysz

HF0IVD

Łukasz Masiak Sidzina

HF0APAS

Janusz SP9YI South Shetland Islands

HF0JP

MIRECKI WLADYSLAW WLADEK 10-693 OLSZTYN

HF0S

Dionizy Studzinski Swidnica

HF0WOSP

sp2kfl KLUB KRÓTKOFALOWCÓW LOK WLOCLAWEK

HF0WFF

Special CALL For WFF Activities 06-300 PRZASNYSZ

HF0EWINA

Special Call Polish Amateur Radio Club Station SP7PRA - MEMORY OF THE VICTIMS KILLED IN THE BATTLE OF EWINA Radomsko PL

HF0BJP

MIREK MONKA DARLOWO

HF0A

Janusz Slowinski 42-460 Mierzecice

HF08PF

8 Piknik Forteczny Dabrowiecka Góra / 8th Fortress Picnic in Dabrowiecka Gora ZSEG Konopnickiej 3 Otwock

SQ1RMM

MIREK MONKA DARLOWO (alias match)

HF0YOTA

Youngsters On The Air Yes, there is Youth in Hamradio !

HF0MSC

MIRECKI WLADYSLAW WLADEK 10-693 OLSZTYN

HF0TYTUS

Klub PZK Druciarnia 69-100 Slubice

HF0QF

Voytek Fidryk

HF0GUIDO

Historic Guido Coal Mine, Zabytkowa Kopalnia Guido w Zabrzu Zabrze - Guido

We will highly appreciate your assistance in this matter.

The reason is that current HF0 callsign holders are receiving direct requests for confirmation of… South Shetland Islands, although they actually operate from Poland.

73, Henryk SP9JPA 3Z8Z
    Blog SP9JPA: http://sp9jpa.blogspot.com

4. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Hello Henryk SP9JPA,

Thank you for your information, and I think that the change of allocation of callsigns in Poland is now well known.

I have already changed following DXCC to Poland as you atated.
    HF0F, HF0POL, HF0HQ (not Bermuda!), HF0IVD, HF0TYTUS, HF0GUIDO, HF0QF (not Bermuda!).
    -----

I have alreay sent you a PM on this issue, I'd be glad if you could check it and reply me by PM or email.
    I wouldn't like to discuss on the remaining entries issue here in the thread, if you agree with me.

Thank you in advance for your help and your reply would be grateful.

73, Kaz

5. EB1BSV

EB1BSV QRZ Staff / Dx Helper/ Moderator / Lifetime Member Staff Member Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Hi Kaz, :)

Thank you.

73, Julio

6. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

It's my pleasure!