HF Interferrence ?

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by KC3DBO, Feb 16, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Now you get nothing instead of a snowy picture.

I depends on the preamps used on the RV TV antennas.

2. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

It's getting worse all the time at RV parks and even at Quartz Fest in Arizona each January when a number of hams meet for a week dry camping. A lot of the new generators with built-in inverters are terrible now we're seeing more solar panel controllers Witcher complete junk and he met all kinds of noise. Over the past 10 years at Quartz Fest I've seen the interference level go from almost a quiet S one or two to S-9 to 20 in some areas of the camp. I myself and had a number of power supply controllers which were built into the RV which emit a ton of noise along with the solar panel controllers. Good luck it's always a challenge when running mobile or RV the bottom line is just try to have some fun, you can just start turning off the generators and the garbage that causes problems and Camp away from others

KJ6NQW likes this.
  3. VE3DDL

VE3DDL Ham Member QRZ Page

i can key up here at brackenridge rv park with 100 watts and the new tv with digitil signal still go to no signal on key up the station is in vitoria texas 30 miles away so it can happen on 40/80 too and with tuner my dipole is less then 1.5 2.3

4. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

AT least they don't hear yer voice coming out the speaker!!:)