Help logging a QSO done with echolink

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KG7OOM, Jul 7, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KD4LQB

KD4LQB Ham Member QRZ Page

One more thing... Even though echolink may not be RF communication, it is still fun to talk to people all over the world, and I would like to be able to log all the various countries / locations that I have made contact with...

2. PU1MHA

PU1MHA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You can log all those Echolink QSOs using QRZ , but the thing is the Echolink is not a transmission mode.
    I agree that VOI is not VoIP.
    I've found Echolink a few days ago and I think it is great! But not for ham awards...

Best regards from Brazil

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can you log eyeball contacts at hamfests?

KA9JLM likes this.
  4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Select mode: HELL ;)

5. WA7F

WA7F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, you can log anything you want. Using a long distance internet connection for “DX” is rather meaningless though. In the common definition logging a contact requires a RF to RF exchange. Anybody can call the other side of the world on a Cell phone and there is RF involved but, there is nothing special about doing so. The whole idea behind ham radio is “emergency communication.” That doesn’t mean dialing 911, it means communicating without the networks that tend to go down in disasters and such.

6. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

HALLO ROB happy new year - pleasen share for me one 1, echolink nr ?? vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

7. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive have never had issues logging in with any VOIP...just fill it out .and on the comment box below the log enter in your MODE written in...simple as that... A contact is a contact......

PU1MHA likes this.
  8. W1MBF

W1MBF Ham Member QRZ Page

Its like using VOIP ie; Team Speak 3. Internet is not Ham Radio.

9. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Whew! Glad the FCC dropped logging requirements.....I wouldn't wish to start logging phone calls...the cellular phone service is doing that for us!
    In fact they may be recording them also. :D

10. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does ARRL recognize echolink for any of their operating awards? How about WAS via echolink?
    How about a cell phone call if the people on each end are licensed amateurs?
    By the way this is meant to be a facetious post in case anyone is waiting to pounce.