ad: Alphaant-1

Help logging a QSO done with echolink

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KG7OOM, Jul 7, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N6IQ

N6IQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You may place any contact you make in your personal log - including but not limited to rf, digital mode, face to face, echolink, etc. However, some types of contacts will not be accepted by the ARRL or other organizations for WAS, DXCC or other awards.

2. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, OK... Rephrase.... Log what you want. It is up to the person on the other end to recognize the QSO or not.

3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Eqsl recognises IRLP/Echolink contacts and even has an award for them.

K4RKY likes this.
  4. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

They do? I'm unable to find it. Please enlighten me.

None of the other awards they offer will accept Echolink contacts for credit. All the awards I could find have this (or similar) wording in them:

VK4HAT likes this.
  5. VK4HAT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The award no longer seems to be there, or it was a figment of my imagination, but the logging is all still there.

6. VK4HAT

I recall it now, it is the CQ Magazine CQ IDx award that allows the use of confirmed IRLP/Echolink contacts for that award.

7. KB9YGD

KB9YGD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I use Echolink and have my vhf station as a remote base link and its Kb9ygd-L (node 161291) in the echolink directory and outputs on 146.520 or 52.525 at 35 watts when i have it on and using echolink you can use my station as if you were here to contact me or others here locally or any place on earth.

Im on 52.525,146.520,224.500,and 446.000 everyday.

8. KB0OXD

KB0OXD Ham Member QRZ Page

Nearly ALL such contests don't even allow the use of REPEATERS (Let alone VoIP systems) to make contact with someone & have that contact be logged

Cheers & 73 :)

9. K4RKY

K4RKY Ham Member QRZ Page

;) Yep, it is an award in eQSL. Kinda funny me thinks.

Attached Files:

10. KD4LQB

KD4LQB Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings all,

I too struggle with this particular aspect of logging a contact. The QRZ log is not currently designed to offer a solution to logging contacts made using VOIP. Perhaps one day this operating method will be included. Meanwhile however, does anyone know of any other online log that will offer a correct format for logging VOIP Amateur contacts? If we can't do it here, perhaps there is another site?
    I know I can do it via a spreadsheet, or, perhaps develop my own database for the purpose, but, I would like to find something perhaps more robust, online.

Have a great day everyone! 73

KD4LQB