ad: davisrf

Help: jt65 not decoding

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K0HAN, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-gcopper
  1. K0HAN

K0HAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Was using jt65-hf and decoding was going great, then no decodes. Time has been syncronized. Any ideas?

2. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K0HAN

K0HAN Ham Member QRZ Page

I too use dimention 4 still no decodes.

4. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

Is your radio using any RX processing that may be distorting the incomming signal? If i select a few of the rx profiles on my ts-590, it will stop decoding. Sometimes a signal too strong will wipe everyone out, and i need to use the atenuator, also.

5. RV6FT

RV6FT Ham Member QRZ Page

Another very important that the transceiver is included USB type of radiation at all Bend

6. N9DSJ

N9DSJ Subscriber QRZ Page

What are the parameters you are seeing in terms of Sync, dB and df on any given decode line? Also check and see what you are seeing in the "raw decoder" box (accessed at the top of the active window between "rig control" and transmit log". Also check under "setup"as to what your "rx sample rate" is; should be close to 1.0. Audio input level should be close to "0" with not signals (just ambient noise).

What you are seeing there will go along way towards defining your problem..

Bill N9DSJ

7. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For most digital operations consider checking (until contact is established):

-AGC FAST or OFF (always)
    -IF Shift/Passband - Centered
    -Noise Blanker - OFF
    -DSP/Noise Reduction - OFF
    -Filters- 1,7khz or wider; Filters OFF if still unable to copy
    -RIT/XIT - Zero or centered
    -Compression /Processor- Off (always)

When things are not working go back to basics. Turn off all the gadgets and adjustments. Bill

8. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I had the same issue and it turns out Dimension 4 just didn't work anymore for me just out of nowhere. I switched to BktTimeSync and have it sync every minute and I've been fine ever since

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.