ad: vanity

Heil HS2 Hand PTT switch for 2 radios with MFJ-1263

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Mar 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In this video you will find information about the Heil HS2 handheld PTT switch that I use with my 2 Kenwood radios (TS-2000 and TS-990), thanks to the MFJ-1263. In addition, I'm talking about my visit this week at Radioworld in Toronto and my next trip to the Hamvention 2018. Thank you for watching and subscribing!

73 Pascal VA2PV

Attached Files:

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've got great...I prefer it to a footswitch.
    VA2PV likes this.
  3. VA2PV

I like it too, I remember when I used a footswitch, always looking under the desk to see where it was ;-) 73 Pascal VA2PV
    W4NNF likes this.
  4. WA0UAY

WA0UAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Great setup. I am wondering if you have two like transceivers such as Kenwood or Icoms, if you don't run but one transceiver at a time, why can't you just take a 1/4" phono plug splitter and plug a single HS2 switch to both? I have a 7300 and a Pro3 and the PTT and ground pins are the same. I may give that a try, again as long as one transceiver is not powered up I wouldn't see a problem?
  5. G0VEO

G0VEO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have had a HS2 for about 5 years now.....such a pleasure to use....nice piece of kit 73
    VA2PV likes this.
  6. VA2PV

Hi Rick, yes you could, but for me I prefer the MFJ-1263 since I can keep both my radio on as they are not on the same bands. Then I can select the one to key for TX with a simple switch. 73 Pascal VA2PV
    K6AEA likes this.
  7. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I keep rocking back in my chair can’t reach a floor switch. LOL
    VA2PV likes this.
  8. W2KS

W2KS Ham Member QRZ Page

9. W6LDX

W6LDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page