SOLD Heil Classic Mic for Icom

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KB3TUO, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB3TUO

KB3TUO Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's a Heil Classic dual element microphone for use with Icom radios. Not only is the 8 pin plug at the end wired for Icom, but the elements inside are designed to work with Icom radios. One of the elements gives a wide response, while the other's is more narrow and good for DX. The elements are mounted inside a "sorbothane" suspension which is supposed to make them resistant to extraneous noise.

The base is the CB-1 (now sold as the CB-1-PTT) and is styled after what was popular in the 30s. It has some light scratches near the front, but they are insignificant to the point that they were hard to photograph. The top of the base has a spring and washer that pushes up against the ball that's mounted on the mic body, which allows for tilting to best suit the operator. The top right corner of the mic also has a small blemish. I'm not sure if the chrome is pitted or if someone tried to touch it up, but it's not too noticeable. The mic is easily removed from the base by turning the screw on the bottom of the base. The stand between the base and the mic body has a foam washer on the bottom to avoid scratching the base.

I've seen a few of these mics here and there, but this is the first one I've seen that has red fabric inside which is subtle, but really neat in my opinion. The element switch is on the back of the mic as is the PTT.
    A blue "Heil Sound" fabric dust cover is also included, though I think dust was more of a consideration for the ribbon mics after which this one is styled.

I don't have the original box, but I will separate the mic from the base for shipping. I also do not have, nor do I know where to find the microphone flag/call/nameplate. I suppose it's possible that Bob may have a few floating around, however.

$200 shipped, paypal preferred, but postal money order is OK too.

IMG_4972.jpg
    IMG_4973.jpg
    IMG_4975.jpg
    IMG_4976.jpg IMG_4977.jpg IMG_4978.jpg

N3VMM and KC8YXA like this.
  2. KB3TUO

After further consideration, I'll lower this to $150 shipped. Any takers?

3. KB3TUO

SOLD

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.