Heathkit SB-230 Amp

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by WA6MHZ, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

There. I fixed it for you. Again, for decades, I've used switchers that produced SEVERAL KVA of clean output. Back then, they switched at 60Hz and required heavy iron. Now, because faster high-power switching devices are available, they switch in the low megahertz range, and the magnetics are ferrite.

2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee whiz golly they even had mechanical switchers in the 30's, it was called a vibrator PS and most ran around 115Hz. In the late 50's ham xcvrs were available with SS switchers for mobile use. The concept is nothing new and reliability is and always has been the main issue at consumer level affordability.

BTW, if you want to continue with the silly editing and sniping I have all day to reply in same but I dont enjoy stooping to your childish level.

3. WA7PRC

I was referring to SMPS used in industrial & broadcast applications. They run 24/7 under widely-varying environmental conditions, and RARELY fail.

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Today I cleaned off the smoke residue off the knobs and front panel; and acquired the parts to build the soft start and soft key.

But I am HUNG OVER from WAY too much Beer last night. WA6BEN went to dinner with us and I thought he would drink his share of 2 big pitchers. But he only had a glass or 2 so I had to make sure none of the beer was WASTED! I am ready to go back to bed!

5. WA7PRC

Pat, you don't strike me as much of a drinker. A six-pack of Moose Drool beer lasts me a good long time.

6. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Just don't get him started on Montana Banana Wine.

Bill

7. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

A picture and a half of beer is quite a lot.
    I would be sick after drinking that much beer in a couple of hours.

8. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That just sounds deadly.

9. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Those of you who insist on quoting folks by changing their name to something less than respectable are headed for a vacation very shortly.

10. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

They usually give discounts for 2 or more people. I would send them both together on the same plane to the same place and share the same room. Now, where would you like to go guys? Have fun, don't forget to send us a post card. Aloha...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.