Heard Island just announced

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NN3W, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

2. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I got that on the Daily DX report also I can hardly wait. Hope I live that long lol.

3. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I just heard about this one too.

Hope the dipole and 100w will be up to the task!

4. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

When I worked Heard LONG ago, I figured it was very close to halfway around from my Ohio location. Want to confirm this. I know there are other great circle sites, but is there any way here to fake my present qth into an Ohio one in the callsign lookup to see the LP distance?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

W6ELProp should give you both SP and LP distances.

6. K8ERV

Thanks, but I don't like installing programs on my computer, and I don't know the grid locators. I am not a dxer.

I found a site I can just enter names. Mansfield to Heard shown as 11,012, Earth is 24,900 so not exactly the half way I thot it was. Bummer.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Why have a computer if you don't want programs on it? I'm confused....

What do grid locators have to do with W6ELProp? I set latitude and longitude, then select the DX entity I'm interested in. Close enough for me.

Have you ever looked at the program?

8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

FB, maybe the sunspots will be better by then. I need it on CW and RTTY. West Coast should have a shot at this one. Think I last worked it on a Cushcrud A3S and 100W

9. K8ERV

The part I saw wanted grid locators. I just don't like to install un-needed pgms to keep my puter clean.

I didn't check the site fully, looked like it was for prop more than distrance. Tnx for the link tho.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

10. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Operators are probably being solicited. Must be in top physical shape, a seasoned Contestor, and able to come up with about 15 LARGE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.