Heads UP- Astron RS-70M for $68

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N8FVJ, May 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yep - I figured the smallest SAFE size for a single box would be 16x16x14 but even if you did 14x14x14 that won't make any difference whatsoever - it would be exactly the same price

And at 48 pounds for the supply, it would be TRASHED by the time it got here. I'd not try to ship something like that without using really stiff double boxing that's oversized - pushing the cost probably to $130 or more

Dave
    W7UUU

K7MH and N2EY like this.
  2. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

eBay rules, has to honor shipping price.

3. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup!
    At 50 lbs for shipping and a 16x16x16 box (just for an estimate), Priority mail from Seattle to Newington CT would be $120.65 Retail Ground is $107.67.

W7UUU likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yep!!

5. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sold for $103.51 + $50 shipping. Still a good deal, not incredible deal though.

6. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

If it works... Anything being sold "As is" is just that.

7. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Linear power supplies are pretty easy to work on unless it has a bad transformer.

Consider the price of a new one with the meters!

8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I found transformers easy to rewind. When I was photoetching PCBs ca 1980, I made one for a 30A linear PS (link). Then, when I learned heavy iron isn't cheap, I realized I had a defective HV xfmr of sufficient size. So, I rewound it. I still use the PS. :)
    [​IMG]
    I added cheap analog meters, 'cuz they were available. :p

NL7W, K8AI, K1TGX and 1 other person like this.
  9. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

If it is "worth it" to find out, why don't YOU make the final bid?:confused:

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

To late now.

It sold for US $103.51