Have you ever been skipped during a net?

Discussion in 'The YL Zone' started by KC9ZHV, Oct 14, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KC9ZHV

KC9ZHV Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you ever felt like just getting off the air for awhile? I am still new at participating in nets tonight for the first time I figured i would set my alarms and check into a yl net.. I don't wanna say which one but I didn't feel exactly welcome really.. They net control just stated its a new one but never called on me during the net for comments and at the end i awkwardly asked for a recheck knowing that she heard me.. What would you do? Would you have asked for a recheck? I don't know.. Maybe i overstepped it probably doesn't matter I will just from now on ignore this net.. Its not like i had alot of comments to say anyway i guess... But i thought well i would try a new beginning by checking into the net.. Im probably going to try an HF net tonight and see if i get better luck.. Its very rare i check into yl nets in the first place.. So the big question is what would you do?

MI0YLT and K3LI like this.
  2. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Since you are new , and probably never been a net control , you may not know all the legitimate reason this could happen .
    That's aside from you interpretation , that she skipped you on purpose .
    Generally speaking I would never stop dealing with a group because of one person .

3. KC9ZHV

Yes i am new as in YL nets but have ran net control several times for other nets.... Not saying im perfect because I am generally not.. It doesn't matter im 0 f0r 0 tonight the hf net couldn't be heard either.. You know its really hard to track down all these YL nets.. Even though they are listed they may not be having them or you may be skipped or what have you.. I guess i will stick with the Ladies Tea Time Net on Tuesday nights they are the only ones that at least acknowledge ya anyway.. Thanks for the reply..

MI0YLT likes this.
  4. W5MQC

W5MQC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I rather just assume, they can not hear me. Last night I couldn't hear anything. Last week, I could onLy hear the net control, but she couldn't hear me. Don't give up!

MI0YLT and KC9ZHV like this.
  5. KC2IAY

KC2IAY Ham Member QRZ Page

As far as I know I have never been intentionally skipped over. I've been doubled over during check in plenty of times and had to wait until net control called again for check ins, but that's all unintentional. Could be it was a new net control operator or there was something technical going on, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and think that you (or anyone else) was not ignored purposely.

6. KC9ZHV

You all are probably right maybe I was doubled over on the net. I was checking in via echo link on the one particular net and on the H.F net. I just couldn't hear anything at all so I just gave up that night they say that Thursday night's are really active for YL nets.. I guess what I have learned from all the emails and discussions on the topic is that I shouldn't give up just because of some mistakes being made.. My Thursday evenings are free now because I have not been going to Women's Bible study. I always enjoyed going but some times its hard for me to get out of the house especially now since I am going out to physical therapy twice a week now and it really drains ya.. Anyway I may give it one more chance but I don't think I will be back to this net just right away..

Maybe just hanging out with the guys on some of their nets lol..

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is what you should do. :)

I run duplex when I am on a net. So I can tell if I get covered up.

8. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been skipped over accidentally before. Sometimes net control may miss someone. Just some patience is needed. Software such as netlogger helps net control but it's easy to miss. I notice on echolink it's easy to double and not know. On HF if I double I usually win but not always so I always listen and recheck if needed.

There are really only two YL nets I check into often and that's Yankee Lassies on 3912 Wednesdays 8:30Am ET and Thursday YLRL on echolink.

33, GL
    Ria

MI0YLT likes this.
  9. MI0YLT

MI0YLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Never ever been missed, I usually get thrown around like a rag doll all the hams rather quickly which is great for my log, I especially enjoy this if its American stations as I am trying to work all the states.
    As for echolink my family runs an echolink link MB7IAF my sister Grace as talked on ALARA net.
    73's

N6QIC likes this.