Hard to Confirm Request

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by WD4NGB, Dec 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WD4NGB

WD4NGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Been a Ham since 1976, and have always logged Date, Time, Callsign, Band, Mode, and Signal. If non Contest or DX Pedition, I log Name and City also. I have never logged the exact frequency. Makes it a PITA trying to confirm all of these request.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think you need the exact frequency. Just put 14.0, etc.

3. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You shouldn't need exact frequency. I'm not aware of any awards or contests that require more than operating band.

If you have: date, time, callsign, RST, mode and band you should be able to confirm the QSO occurred for awards purposes and of course for contest confirmation you'd also want the specific required exchange info.

As posted above, if a particular logging program or eQSL style program has a required field for frequency in addition to band just enter the lowest frequency in that particular band in the units used by that program such as: 7.000, 14.000, 21.000, etc.

When I set up a contest logging template in the Ham Radio Deluxe logging program where I only enter fields required by the contest (e.g. zone number, ARRL section, serial number, etc.) HRD fills in the frequency field as shown above as the lowest frequency in the current operating band. When I upload those files to LoTW, my QRZ log or eQSL those QSOs get confirmed just fine without exact operating frequency.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For a confirmation to take place, both parties to the QSO (you and your worked party) must each independently enter a record of the QSO in their logbooks. QRZ then automatically tests to determine whether or not the following data fields in each record match the other with regard to callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If so, a confirmation is indicated; if not, none is indicated.

Frequency, RST and like other fields are not tested.

The info in regard to a request for confirmation is only default info and not the exact matching data. When "the box keeps coming up" it indicates that the data you have entered still does not match that data your worked party has entered in its logbook - hence a continuing failure.

It is up to the parties to themselves resolve the problem through direct contact via e-mail or private message.

5. WD4NGB

WD4NGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Tried several with no luck. I will just stick with paper.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Tens of thousands of users it works just fine with hundreds of thousands of successfully logged QSOs in the QRZ log system

You're just doing something wrong - don't give up so easily :)

You ARE entering something in wrong. It's just that simple.

Paper works - sure - but fewer and fewer hams use paper for QSL purposes. Fewer awards all the time allow for paper QSL applications.

Dave
    W7UUU

7. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

8. KB4SGA

KB4SGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

With every confirmation request I receive from stations I've worked I get the error message saying my time, date or mode doesn't match. I have tried everything I know possible. I've emailed QRZ and have gotten no help to fix this problem. Has anyone else encountered this issue.
    John K
    KB4SGA

9. W1DQ

I have looked up two QSO records (selected at random) in your logbook with the following result:
      • Your QSO with F4FCE on 2019-10-05 : There is no corresponding record of this QSO in F4FCE' s logbook.
      • Your QSO with KC1FLU on 2019-11-19: The QSO times in your corresponding records differ beyond the 30-minute allowable limit.
    As stated before, for a confirmation to be indicated requires that both parties records must match by callsigns, band, mode and date/time within a 30-minute window. You have numerous successful confirmations. The ones that remain unconfirmed simply do not pass the test. QRZ is a third party and cannot attest to the validity of the data entered by the two parties to a QSO. The differences can only be resolved by the parties themselves. If one fails to cooperate then that is just the case; there is nothing left to fix, move on!